Hypex UCD3xMP - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st October 2012, 01:33 AM   #21
dallas is offline dallas  United States
diyAudio Member

Nick our lead tech did a quick set up to test the new Hypex amplifier. Not much to compare it to,but it seems to sound better than most any other amplifier I have tried with our office system. Feeding it with an Integra Preamp/processor with balanced outputs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg White Bear Lake-20121030-00383.jpg (186.7 KB, 705 views)
Old 31st October 2012, 02:20 AM   #22
_henry_ is offline _henry_  Australia
diyAudio Member

i think this will be suitable for studio or active 2 or 3ways MONITORS.

now what we need is the DSP from hypex
Old 2nd February 2013, 09:22 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

Continued to experiment with my Hypex module.
I want to convert it to feed with unbalanced outputs. That's why today finished building a buffer with LM4562. My idea is to get +18 /-18VDC of the amplifier Hypex, (because I have the UCD32MP) using only one module, and has plenty of amperage.
Then I will convert the +18 /-18VDC to +15 /-15VDC with an IT evaluation board has low drop and noise.
After you try it, I say it sounds like.
Greetings to all.
Matias

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 13th February 2013, 12:59 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

Please tell us how it sounds! Really curious!
Old 25th February 2013, 01:25 PM   #25
DcibeL is offline DcibeL  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hi all,
I am very interested in UcD32MP. It is just what I need to make a budget surround sound amp. However, Hypex shop states 100W power for 2, 4, and 6 channel units. How can six channels at 30Wpc work on 100W supply? Am I missing something or is the 100W a misprint?

With this inadequate power supply, I cannot see using 6 channels full-range. The only practical application would be for active loudspeakers, where mid and tweeter will have much less power requirement.

Last edited by DcibeL; 25th February 2013 at 01:38 PM.
Old 1st March 2013, 08:09 PM   #26
Nisbeth is online now Nisbeth  Denmark
diyAudio Member

PSUs for audio are normally rated lower because music signals do not contain full power. Usual ratings for commercial amps would be between 1/8th and 1/3rd of the power consumption (Pout/N0) of the amps. For an audio SMPS, the voltage and current limits and the short-term (thermally-limited) power ratings are usually more interesting that the continuous power output.

Unless you are planning to play sine waves at full power in 6-channel surround, I am pretty sure the Hypex amp is fine. If you feel you need more power, then most likely you need an output stage with a higher rating rather than a bigger PSU.

/U.
Old 20th June 2013, 12:38 PM   #27
sorban is offline sorban  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Hi all,

I ordered an UCD32MP a few weeks ago; this week I found some time to make an input buffer with TI's DRV134.

The amplifier works now, but I'm a bit disappointed on the sound of the lower frequencies, even when the volume is not so loud: there isn't much bass. Has this got to do something with the DRV134, or do I excpect too much of the UCD32MP? I cannot find much info about experiences of other users.

Thanks for your advice.
Old 20th December 2013, 01:11 PM   #28
Jag768 is offline Jag768  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Im considering using the 4ch version in an active ls project. Actually, to replace my amp rack: pic. Which draws about 800W idle, bit excessive. And i dont need the power either.

Im looking for the low power green alternative . Thinking about using a minidsp 2x4 balanced and UcD34MP. Only im not sure about wheter i would need a seperate input buffer and how i could avoid pop on issues.

Cant find much on this amp!

Hide this!Advertise here!