Sure irs2092 how to mod for 4 ohms?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

The user guide shows spec at 4 ohm but from what little info is available, this only works at 8 ohms?

I would really appreciate some help on what to to mod for use with 4 ohm load since I have maggies.

What voltage current rating do I need for 4 ohm load? I'm looking at those Antek PSU for quicker assembly.

Can I use a tube pre amp to drive this sure amp module?

Thanks

Hi,

The user guide shows spec at 4 ohm but from what little info is available, this only works at 8 ohms?

I would really appreciate some help on what to to mod for use with 4 ohm load since I have maggies.

What voltage current rating do I need for 4 ohm load? I'm looking at those Antek PSU for quicker assembly.

Can I use a tube pre amp to drive this sure amp module?

Thanks

I run a irs2092 amplifier into 2 ohms but I have 4 irfb4227's driven by transistor buffers.
The 2092 works ok into irf4019's and 4 ohms without gate drivers.

I run the 2092 into 4 ohms with 2 irfb4227 but again I need a gate buffer.

Another danger area with the 2092 is large smoothing capacitors. I found with 20,000uf per rail it thumps or howls on power down for about a second.

One of my early 2092 designs used an SRPP tube driver stage and it sounded very clean.

D

Deleted member 148505

Is the 2092 still need a gate buffer for 1pair irfb4227?

You can check the IRAUDAMP7S datasheet, you need to replace some resistors and the voltage should be +-50 to 60VDC

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.