my first ever discrete class d aud amp

made this with regular transistors and watever i got from my local suppliers.....based on philips UCD...output coil is behind the board not seen in pic....switching freq is 285khz

Attachments

• DSC00012.JPG
    DSC00012.JPG
    297.1 KB · Views: 1,052
Reactions: 1 user
Response is gr8...i tested it with /-40....output is 200watts....sound is too clear....powered it with small heatsink...only little heat....but bass is hard....good thing....for those who dont get the IR chips and required material at there place....and its very simple....and surely will work up at first time....dead time should be set as per the device used....

Reactions: 1 user
i plan to use totem pole like the below schema. i haven't managed to include overcurrent protect but it has dc , ac delay and overtemp protection.

Attachments

• gtG ucd single discreet with dc protc perfected flat heat sink schematic.pdf
    47.2 KB · Views: 376
  • gtG ucd single discreet with dc protc perfected flat heat sink 2.JPG
    gtG ucd single discreet with dc protc perfected flat heat sink 2.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 845
  • gtG ucd single discreet with dc protc perfected flat heat sink.JPG
    gtG ucd single discreet with dc protc perfected flat heat sink.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 773
Last edited:
the voltage i have tried with no issues is +/-56vlts but i am on my way to drive it with +/-80vlts .

irf640 are nice but in my experience they fail when pushed hard at lower impedance e.g 4ohms ,8ohms . but i think i have a lot of desgin to do in order to make this amp work the way i want.

the voltage i have tried with no issues is +/-56vlts but i am on my way to drive it with +/-80vlts .

irf640 are nice but in my experience they fail when pushed hard at lower impedance e.g 4ohms ,8ohms . but i think i have a lot of desgin to do in order to make this amp work the way i want.

Yes they get hot when driven on 4ohm load....which fets do you think I should use....fast and working gr8 with lower impedance???

I got my irs2092 board from sure electronics....its sounds gr8.....and i'm suprised by its response....i have tested it on 50 volts 8ohms load....output was heavy....no heating at all...the output fets were not tightened and till they were just a little warm after playing at full load for half an hour