subwoofer for t-amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi! I'm new here and in hi-fi. Before nothing, sorry for my english, A long time I don't practice. I hope you understand my doubts/questions:)

Hi have tripath 2021 25Wx2, moving my Proac Studio 115. Just sold my 2nd hand Cyrus 6 because I don't fell any difference at the levels I listen to music... well, at this levels I also prefer the sound of the t-amp. Now I'm wondering if I could add a subwoofer. I read in some forums that I need an active sub but not all active's will fit in my "system" (90's cd player + t-amp) because it hasn't a preout or a sub out, only 2 RCA inputs like you know. I only want a bass "support" to my speakers not a big sub, I guess a 10" would be enough ... and I'm planning to equ the system. I listen jazz, acoustic songwriters and pop. Is a living room of 7x3 meters but I made MY triangle about 1'80 meters (thanks wife!) Could you please explain to me wich kind of sub I need or I could add to my system? comercial subs are welcome to see it exactlly with connexions needed etc. Or if I could make a handmade sub, I see some amplifier plates but not here in Europe.

Thanks in advance,
Chimo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.