Wooden Retro Style iDevice Boombox with Airplay + Hifimediy T2 + Markaudio Alpair 7

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks

I finally found some time to build another boombox for all kind of audio devices. This time I did it without a real docking station.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The main components are a Hifimediy T2 amp with an Alps pot, Meanwell NES 350W and the Markaudio Alpair 7 speakers.
From a design point of view I have chosen a so called "Fantasma burl" veneer which gives a kind of crazy look. I tried to get all other comonents in black color. The size of the box is 25 cm x 25 cm x 50 cm.

I changed a couple of technical details and tried the Markaudio Alpair 7 speakers. One of the biggest changes is the abscence of a real dock connector. One factor for this is the strong rumor that Apple will introduce a smaller dock connector with the next generation of their iDevices.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

This is the box in action:

[DIY] Wooden Retro Style iPod / iPhone / iPad - Airplay Speaker - Markaudio Alpair 7 + Hifimediy T2 - YouTube

Cheers

ElAdmi

Hello everybody

Sorry for the late delivery. @Speed.Cat: I actually have a powercord with a 90° angle on the plug somwhere... ;-)

Those are some pictures from inside:

Left channel

Amp

Amp and more

Complete box

Have a nice weekend!

Last edited:
Hi Eladmi, could you tell more about it such as how you connected the AE, organized its cable, etc? Or at least show better pictures if you have it. And the dimensions of the box. Is it possible to make it smaller as it looks kinda large (maybe it is the angles of the photos). Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.