TI TPA3100D2, Amazing Class D Amp - Page 6 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd September 2012, 09:08 PM   #51
diyAudio Member

You can buy most of them in single quantities for very good prices through Avnet. Stock of components is hit and miss there sometimes though.
Old 3rd September 2012, 10:16 PM   #52
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Anyone taking the challenge to design a nice PCB for this chip ? Preferably with onboard rectifier, filter caps, decent input film caps and good PCB connectors.
Old 4th September 2012, 03:00 AM   #53
fakeout is offline fakeout  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-paul View Post
Anyone taking the challenge to design a nice PCB for this chip ? Preferably with onboard rectifier, filter caps, decent input film caps and good PCB connectors.
Oh, a fellow francophone in Europe. Do you expect the Euro to last? :O

Allo, comment ca va? (Haha, je plaisante.)
Old 4th September 2012, 07:23 AM   #54
diyAudio Member

Yes, I hope someone steps forward to design a pcb. The more I tinker with the evaluation board the better it sounds (of course there have been some steps forwards and some steps back in the process). There is so much potential in this chip!
Old 4th September 2012, 01:16 PM   #55

If you arrange coils and chips ......
Old 4th September 2012, 10:27 PM   #56
diyAudio Member

Quote:
If you arrange coils and chips ......
Could you explain further?
Old 5th September 2012, 03:03 AM   #57
diyAudio Member

I could lay out a circuit board, but boards are likely to cost about $80 each here in Oregon for small quantities, and by the time you get the whole thing built in a box with a power supply you're probably at a price point comparable to just buying a Crown or QSC poweramp already built, fully tested and with a proven track record. Most things made in China are cheaper than the cost of the parts here anymore. Our Republican Mafia (as I call it) has made it impossible to compete with the offshore labor rates and environmental laws. They have gotten rich enough to effectively own the governments, by taking away tens of millions of college educated peoples careers. Those who haven't been hit by this won't likely get it.
Old 5th September 2012, 03:14 AM   #58
diyAudio Member

No offense Bob but anyone considering a QSC or Crown is likely not considering a 30w 'audiophile' amp. Also you can power these amps with a $30 Meanwell power supply, so aside from the PCB cost why would it cost as much as the amps you mentioned? Thanks for the PCB offer. No comment on the politics, except to say happy to be in SoCal! (Be honest you just wanted a reason to rant!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I could lay out a circuit board, but boards are likely to cost about $80 each here in Oregon for small quantities, and by the time you get the whole thing built in a box with a power supply you're probably at a price point comparable to just buying a Crown or QSC poweramp already built, fully tested and with a proven track record. Most things made in China are cheaper than the cost of the parts here anymore. Our Republican Mafia (as I call it) has made it impossible to compete with the offshore labor rates and environmental laws. They have gotten rich enough to effectively own the governments, by taking away tens of millions of college educated peoples careers. Those who haven't been hit by this won't likely get it.
Old 5th September 2012, 05:32 AM   #59

Plain boards will be a lot cheaper but the parts will be hard to get for me. I can do a design but will need the parts to be ordered in the US. If I do it it will have to be a cooperation with somebody in the US. Also I would like to make it a quality design and no cheap job so good parts, good connectors etc. That was why I was asking if somebody could take the challenge. I can but with the aforementioned construction.

BTW I think high hourly rates in the western world are the main cause for the success of the far eastern countries. No political party can change that. It is way too easy to blame somebody else.

Last edited by jean-paul; 5th September 2012 at 05:52 AM.
Old 5th September 2012, 05:38 AM   #60
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Boards will be lot cheaper but the parts will be hard to get for me. I can do a design but will need the parts to be ordered in the US.

BTW I think high hourly rates in the western world are the main cause for the success of the far eastern countries. No political party can change that.
Please no politics, guys

Jean-Paul do you mean just a single order of parts for testing? That i can do.

Hide this!Advertise here!