TI TPA3100D2, Amazing Class D Amp - Page 6 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2012, 09:08 PM   #51
diyAudio Member
 
theAnonymous1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Anonymityville
You can buy most of them in single quantities for very good prices through Avnet. Stock of components is hit and miss there sometimes though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2012, 10:16 PM   #52
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
 
jean-paul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Germany
Anyone taking the challenge to design a nice PCB for this chip ? Preferably with onboard rectifier, filter caps, decent input film caps and good PCB connectors.
__________________
It's only audio. Official member of the Norske Brillegeit Gang.
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2012, 03:00 AM   #53
fakeout is offline fakeout  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
fakeout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-paul View Post
Anyone taking the challenge to design a nice PCB for this chip ? Preferably with onboard rectifier, filter caps, decent input film caps and good PCB connectors.
Oh, a fellow francophone in Europe. Do you expect the Euro to last? :O

Allo, comment ca va? (Haha, je plaisante.)
__________________
Feeling Good by David Burns
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2012, 07:23 AM   #54
diyAudio Member
 
wushuliu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Yes, I hope someone steps forward to design a pcb. The more I tinker with the evaluation board the better it sounds (of course there have been some steps forwards and some steps back in the process). There is so much potential in this chip!
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2012, 01:16 PM   #55
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
 
jean-paul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Germany
If you arrange coils and chips ......
__________________
It's only audio. Official member of the Norske Brillegeit Gang.
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2012, 10:27 PM   #56
diyAudio Member
 
wushuliu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-paul View Post
If you arrange coils and chips ......
Could you explain further?
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2012, 03:03 AM   #57
diyAudio Member
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Portland Oregon, USA
I could lay out a circuit board, but boards are likely to cost about $80 each here in Oregon for small quantities, and by the time you get the whole thing built in a box with a power supply you're probably at a price point comparable to just buying a Crown or QSC poweramp already built, fully tested and with a proven track record. Most things made in China are cheaper than the cost of the parts here anymore. Our Republican Mafia (as I call it) has made it impossible to compete with the offshore labor rates and environmental laws. They have gotten rich enough to effectively own the governments, by taking away tens of millions of college educated peoples careers. Those who haven't been hit by this won't likely get it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2012, 03:14 AM   #58
diyAudio Member
 
wushuliu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles
No offense Bob but anyone considering a QSC or Crown is likely not considering a 30w 'audiophile' amp. Also you can power these amps with a $30 Meanwell power supply, so aside from the PCB cost why would it cost as much as the amps you mentioned? Thanks for the PCB offer. No comment on the politics, except to say happy to be in SoCal! (Be honest you just wanted a reason to rant!)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I could lay out a circuit board, but boards are likely to cost about $80 each here in Oregon for small quantities, and by the time you get the whole thing built in a box with a power supply you're probably at a price point comparable to just buying a Crown or QSC poweramp already built, fully tested and with a proven track record. Most things made in China are cheaper than the cost of the parts here anymore. Our Republican Mafia (as I call it) has made it impossible to compete with the offshore labor rates and environmental laws. They have gotten rich enough to effectively own the governments, by taking away tens of millions of college educated peoples careers. Those who haven't been hit by this won't likely get it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2012, 05:32 AM   #59
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
 
jean-paul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Germany
Plain boards will be a lot cheaper but the parts will be hard to get for me. I can do a design but will need the parts to be ordered in the US. If I do it it will have to be a cooperation with somebody in the US. Also I would like to make it a quality design and no cheap job so good parts, good connectors etc. That was why I was asking if somebody could take the challenge. I can but with the aforementioned construction.

BTW I think high hourly rates in the western world are the main cause for the success of the far eastern countries. No political party can change that. It is way too easy to blame somebody else.
__________________
It's only audio. Official member of the Norske Brillegeit Gang.

Last edited by jean-paul; 5th September 2012 at 05:52 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2012, 05:38 AM   #60
diyAudio Member
 
wushuliu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-paul View Post
Boards will be lot cheaper but the parts will be hard to get for me. I can do a design but will need the parts to be ordered in the US.

BTW I think high hourly rates in the western world are the main cause for the success of the far eastern countries. No political party can change that.
Please no politics, guys

Jean-Paul do you mean just a single order of parts for testing? That i can do.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Troubleshooting TI Class D EVM amp? fizzsweden Class D 4 18th July 2011 09:29 PM
Volume control for class D audio TI-600 amp subwerker Class D 2 13th June 2011 09:11 PM
TI class d eval kits Tekko Class D 16 14th August 2010 04:17 PM
FS: Class-D TI TAS5010 & TAS5112F2 Evaluation Board ralphs99 Swap Meet 7 24th March 2009 11:21 PM
Class D amps using TI chips? picklgreen Class D 0 7th January 2007 12:20 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:29 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2