TI TPA3100D2, Amazing Class D Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks Rich,

I have the same noise issue with my little Sure 3110 Golden Ratio boom box. I will definitely try your mod, i should be able to get one of the baffles opened if i am careful. I used minimal with glue to be able to open it if necessary ;))

goo

Nice little rig you have there. One of the other things I'll do is use some Belden 88641 plenum cable as hook-up wire. This is a shielded cable with 2 x 24AWG Teflon-insulated stranded Copper conductors. I'll just tie the shields to signal ground at the RCA inputs to drain any RFI.

Update: Per wushuliu's advice, I did a power supply cap swap and installed a pair of 1,500uF / 25V Panasonic FM low ESR caps. After running the amp for a few hours, I noticed the noise that annoyed me before had significantly diminished to the point where I no longer need the resistors connecting the signal inputs to signal ground. The cap upgrade from the stock caps has improved the bass, increased the size of the soundstage and made this a better sounding amp overall.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.