RB-TA2022 ref design any good

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I can make a good deal on a RB-TA2022 version 3.1 6 channel amp with 1000 watt audio SMPS for 100$. But is this design good, or is there anything I should be aware of.

Most important is that it's stable and noise free, and it should af good sound (in know it have good sound so it more about how stable that design is)

try out TDA8920...i designed a pcb of it and doing well with it...it is fully protected...and will not require any external protection scheme

then u must be scoring 300 watts out of it....so why are u in need of other amps

Mine are stereo, and around 90 watt 8 ohm. I fried the first two modules. Played well a couple of month, and then died. I didn't make proper connection between groundplane and heatsink. I have sparemodules, but I need better tools to cut the 5 holes to mount heatsink. The shall be within 0,2 mm and that is hard only using hand tools.

The Tripath I can have up and running in no time, and it's also just for fun, and because I can't say no to a bargain.

I also have NAD 3100 and 3300 on stock

Mine are stereo, and around 90 watt 8 ohm. I fried the first two modules. Played well a couple of month, and then died. I didn't make proper connection between groundplane and heatsink. I have sparemodules, but I need better tools to cut the 5 holes to mount heatsink. The shall be within 0,2 mm and that is hard only using hand tools.

The Tripath I can have up and running in no time, and it's also just for fun, and because I can't say no to a bargain.

I also have NAD 3100 and 3300 on stock

ok,,,you might be using an smd type....try a dip thru package....anyways ur choice it is....but i can starve hard on 8 ohms if u require 90 watts...would be quite sufficient

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.