300 to 500 watt @4ohms amplifier for subwoofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

I need a digital amplifier that could deliver 300 400 or 500 watts @ 4ohms for my subwoofer. distortion percentage is not very important . there is no problem for power supply. I can have access to any voltage and any power transformer.
I have built a low pass filter but i need a digital power amplifier .
thanx
please help me because i really need it. but i couldn't find any schematic diagram or PCB

about 300 watts of power would be enough for my current subwoofer .

could anyone give me a circuit schematic without using gate driver ic's (IR2110 or similar ) that could provide 300 watts @ 4 ohms?
Hi,
IR21xx why not? is perfect for a sub woofer, Also helps you to simplify the project. can guarantee that does not explode mosfet, if it is your first class d.

regards

if you're looking to drive a subwoofer with it, better to go with a bridged design as there will definitely be bus pumping effect.

how significant the effect will be only you could judge after powering them up and actually driving the sub with it. it's quite apparent enough in my application that i decided to bridge all my amp.

as for the design, irs900d is currently the most robust design that i've came across while keeping the parts count very low.

Hi
what about protection for this amp?
there's no protection integrated in that amp. IMHO for a subwoofer implementation you only need DC offset protection. to me, why limit the current when you're looking to extract the most out of the amp.

i rather not limit the current and let the mosfet burn so that i know i need a better design to get the maximum out of my subs. if the mosfet burn then to me it's a clear indication that the design don't output enough juice.

that, and the fact that the amp is much simpler without any over-current protection.

Hello MR Ghorbani.

did u make this amp? I mean IRS900d .
I had some problem with it. but trying to make a new one. hopefully it may works well.

please help me by sharing your experiences about this amp specially that we have the same nationality! hadi jan!

if you're looking to drive a subwoofer with it, better to go with a bridged design as there will definitely be bus pumping effect.

how significant the effect will be only you could judge after powering them up and actually driving the sub with it. it's quite apparent enough in my application that i decided to bridge all my amp.

as for the design, irs900d is currently the most robust design that i've came across while keeping the parts count very low.

thank you paskal9
could you send me the pcb file of this amp you've mentioned?

there's no protection integrated in that amp. IMHO for a subwoofer implementation you only need DC offset protection. to me, why limit the current when you're looking to extract the most out of the amp.

i rather not limit the current and let the mosfet burn so that i know i need a better design to get the maximum out of my subs. if the mosfet burn then to me it's a clear indication that the design don't output enough juice.

that, and the fact that the amp is much simpler without any over-current protection.

Thanks friend
I need over-curent and output short protection for this amp.
Hi nn20
You can give best helps by mr lebon.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.