LANZAR OPTI2000D REPAIRING (help me pls!)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum.
I introduce myself, my name is Mario and I'm Italian, so I apologize in advance for my poor English.
I have a problem serious enough, I'm repairing an amplifier (Lanzar OPTI2000D).
I have a problem on the driver board that drives the output mosfets.
I found a njm4580 defective, however, to problems of availability, I am forced not to use the original part.
2 days ago I tried using a JRC4558 getting bad results, because the driver board went into self-oscillation by overheating the output toroids (smaller ones), in addition, the amplifier, emitted a shrill sound (almost annoying to ultrasound 'human ear) from these toroids.
While this defect occurred, however, the amp worked fine, except that the warming is anomalous, so I immediately removed the IC.

Unfortunately, as I mentioned, I can not find it anywhere easily the original part, so I wanted to know if there is an equivalent component that can be used in place of njm4580, which is readily available ...

Reading around, I read about some people who have replaced the njm4580 with an OPA2228.
What do you think? can you do? or can I run into any problems?

thank you to all who help me!

Mario.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
OK... the 4580 is capable of -/+50ma output current so that may be a significant factor. The 4558 can't supply that kind of drive so that could be significant.

Without knowing more, having the unit to work on and seeing the circuit it's hard to say but the NE5532 might (might !) be suitable or perhaps the TLE2072 (a high drive TLO72) might work. The OPA2228 might be OK too but it's still not quite as high drive as the 4580.

OK... the 4580 is capable of -/+50ma output current so that may be a significant factor. The 4558 can't supply that kind of drive so that could be significant.

Without knowing more, having the unit to work on and seeing the circuit it's hard to say but the NE5532 might (might !) be suitable or perhaps the TLE2072 (a high drive TLO72) might work. The OPA2228 might be OK too but it's still not quite as high drive as the 4580.
ok, now I'm making purchases at TME.
I'm keeping under control the NE5532N, LM833N and the TLE2072CP.
the latter has a high power of the output current.
what do u think?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.