Negtive Voltage ?????

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I'm making an amplifier based on the L12-2 amp and a 6N3 Buffer Pre Amp. And I've also bought an toroidal transformer (25-0-25). But the thing is that I'm not quite sure how to make an output of -50VDC / GND / +50VDC for the amplifier.

I've came across this schematic :

index.php

So let's say that my transformer is wired in series, giving me an output of 50VAC, sending that voltage in a bridge rectifier and make a this negative voltage generator (like the picture). Is the output of the generator going to be -25VDC / GND / +25VDC or -50VDC / GND / +50VDC (Assuming that the picture below is the roughly made schematic without filter caps)???
attachment.php

Thanks

Le Pick

Attachments

• VoltageGen.png
    VoltageGen.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 482
^^See post #2.
Have a closer look at those schematics. You'll see that the regulators are acting on the exact same input voltage, with only the polarity signs reversed. And so while the voltage between GND and one output will be correct, the voltage between GND and the other output will only be the voltage drop across that regulator.
Yes, a doubler will lower the current delivered. You really need a transformer bigger than 35-0-35.

Hi , you can keep the 25-0-25 V AC trafo for future projects .
The bridge rectifier + lots of caps may not be optimal , a big fat cap
is also visually more ' muscular' ;)
Look for 10000 uF / 63 VL for a 50 V DC application ( there are the surge peaks and the variations of the mains )
Also 15-20 K uF ...you just need two , one for positive rail and one for neg.
The bridge rectifier could be the square 25 A with faston type pins .

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.