Complementary output from comparator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All

Need some help and good ideas here ;)

Having problems getting my amps to start up with no signal on input.
Thinking that I can make an inner loop, making the modulator start oscillating at a higher frequency before the output stage is ready (charging Cpump).

Anyway to do this I need a complementary output from the comparator.

I'm using a MAX913 (but could be any other fast comp), which gives something like 0V and 3.5V on the output. I need something like +-2.5V to +-5V (important thing is that is swings around 0)

Attached is a suggestion (works in sim), but it must be possible to make a solution which is fast and has a lower component count.

Any good ideas??

Thanks in advance and kind regards Baldin :)

Attachments

• Udklip.JPG
    Udklip.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 150
Hi All

Need some help and good ideas here ;)

Having problems getting my amps to start up with no signal on input.
Thinking that I can make an inner loop, making the modulator start oscillating at a higher frequency before the output stage is ready (charging Cpump).

Anyway to do this I need a complementary output from the comparator.

I'm using a MAX913 (but could be any other fast comp), which gives something like 0V and 3.5V on the output. I need something like +-2.5V to +-5V (important thing is that is swings around 0)

Attached is a suggestion (works in sim), but it must be possible to make a solution which is fast and has a lower component count.

Any good ideas??

Thanks in advance and kind regards Baldin :)

Hey Baldin,
As I know MAX913 already has a complementary output. I do not know your circuit but there are several ways to make an amp oscillating without input signal. For eg. a soft start circuit with a basic transistor+ resistor+Cap. Why you do not use a basic charge pump(with a 555 or similar tech.) for H side? Or a series resistor with a fast recovery D.

BW

Ok, complementary is maybe the wrong word; what I need is an output which is capable of swing between plus and minus (not just zero and plus).

I'm using IRS2110, and I have actually tried a lot of different methods, but non working well in all cases (combination of output connected to load, and signal or not on input).

What did you mean by series resistor and D ... from Vcc to Cpump?

Kind regards Baldin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.