Best Class D Amp for full range

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi,
i know this has been asked a few times but anyway i would like to have some sugestions.
i am an absolute beginner in diy amps and i am searching for a amp board for active speaker (two stereo power amps). so the modules should be very easy to assemble, and should be availible as a kit, because i really have no idea about choosing the parts that match.

i like a very dynamic, clear sound, yet it should of course not be harsh.

also the amp should be able to drive at least 3 ohm. power should be at least 120/8ohm.
i heard good things about the boards with the irs2092, like L15-L25d.
also found the abletec boards which have the advance of being ready for use as they come with integrated power supply. does someone have experience with the abletec 0300 mono boards?

other alternatives?
budget is around 600 usd for both amps for all parts, so something like hxpex ncore is not in the range....

This guys has done alot with the tas5630 a few designs include smps all in one.

Have not seen to much talk about these products on the forum something I’ve always keep an eye out for.

Sinewave Electronics Co.,Limited Sinewave electronics co.,limited

and shop here

CLASS D MODULES - Shop Cheap CLASS D MODULES from China CLASS D MODULES Suppliers at Amplifier store on Aliexpress.com

He is a forum member(authlxl) and has a couple of threads in the vendors forums and comments on 5630 threads. By reading the thread it is possible to contact him directly.

This being the biggest and most informative thread.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vend...s-aluminum-case-finished-new-year-coming.html

I use ClassDAudio amps. Class D Audio Home page
Clean, clear sound.
Inexpensive. All boards built.

For best sound:
Once gain is set replace with Vishay resistors. ($25)
Solder power supply connections to board.
Solder speaker connections to board.
Solder inputs to board.
(Do not use the screw connections they have a "blah" sound)

All the Class D Audio amps below are 2 channels:

$285-$370 SDS amps and power supplies:
Class D Audio Amplifier Kits

$235-$265 SDS AMPS only.
Class D Audio Class D Audio Amplifiers

Last edited:
I use ClassDAudio amps. Class D Audio Home page
Clean, clear sound.
Inexpensive. All boards built.

For best sound:
Once gain is set replace with Vishay resistors. ($25)
Solder power supply connections to board.
Solder speaker connections to board.
Solder inputs to board.
(Do not use the screw connections they have a "blah" sound)

$235-$265 SDS AMPS only.

I 'd strongly guess that screw connections don't have any "sound".

hmm what does blah sound like? a word with indeterminate meaning that says something different to each person to describe a subjective experience that is different for every person, with music that is different for every person. … this description 'leave me cold' ;)

I 'd strongly guess that screw connections don't have any "sound".

Agree but screw connections are not airtight, and will over time turn in to a bad connection. Screw connections will also be looser over time, since cabels get warm and cold, and that will loosen the screws.

You can easily get over these problems, but you have to open the amp and clean the cable ends and fasten the screws.

Since I didn't measure before and after soldering the connections, the placebo effect resulted in my ears.

Aware of how foolish I've been I decided to make my speaker cables out of 60 one inch pieces of shirt wire hangers. Each piece connected with another using a steel screw terminal connector for a total of 60 terminals per positive leg and 60 per negative leg.

The result should sound the same as any speaker cable.

By "blah" I meant dull and uninteresting. Like this post.

Back to the topic:
I like my ConnexElectronic power supply.
I haven't tried their amps, but they might be worth looking at.
http://connexelectronic.com/index.php/cPath/39?osCsid=fb4ll191b9pamiqetn5d6lkff2

thanks for answer so far...

my budget is about 600-700 euro max. for four channels.

$235-$265 SDS AMPS only.

so this would come out at about 900-1000 usd with enclosure, shipping ,etc.

also, i have the problem of wanting the amp to be able to drive a bit less than 4 ohm. don t know if thes can do that...

someone has experience with this boards?

http://www.abletec.com/uploads/tx_pdforder/Abletec_produktark_ALC0300-7.pdf

this would be an very easy solution for it is full intetraged with power supply.
cost is about 120 usd per mono board...

Connex have om NXP8950th based ampmodules. I prefer these as fullrange rather than Panasonic SA-XR50 with TAS5xxx modules and equibit. Some TAS modules have trouble with low impedance. The NXP8950th have a very full and rich sound, where the bottom end is comparable to class A amplifiers. The full digital TAS are better with pointin g out details in the music very well.

The TACT Millenium is the best I have heard (also equibit) but it's quit pricey.

This guys has done alot with the tas5630 a few designs include smps all in one.

Have not seen to much talk about these products on the forum something I’ve always keep an eye out for.

Sinewave Electronics Co.,Limited Sinewave electronics co.,limited

and shop here

CLASS D MODULES - Shop Cheap CLASS D MODULES from China CLASS D MODULES Suppliers at Amplifier store on Aliexpress.com

He is a forum member(authlxl) and has a couple of threads in the vendors forums and comments on 5630 threads. By reading the thread it is possible to contact him directly.

This being the biggest and most informative thread.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vend...s-aluminum-case-finished-new-year-coming.html

You can buy with Paypal and cheaper price at
To compare with DHgate discount coupons and Aliexpress coupons, compare.beltal.com offers better, cheaper deal.

As far as Class D amplifier ready-to-go pre-built things go something around the TAS5630 sounds like it might be suitable. In mono mode they are capable of driving 2 ohm loads and will deliver roughly the amount of power you require.

You would of course need 2 for dual mono and then a power supply.

Class D Audio TI-600 Amplifier - Class D Audio Amplifiers

Sell a few models.

I happen to own the Class D Audio SDS-470C factory built amp and it sounds amazing; wonderful soundstage, punchy bass, and lovely mids/highs. I have been to their shop and they are building and designing high quality audio equipment. I highly recommend them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.