SG3526G PWM (Regulated)?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, Im new to this site. I hope this curcuit can help those who may like a 12 volt version switching power supply using the SG3526G PWM regulated power supply. I have used this power supply a few times in my homemade amp curcuit using home amp curcuits and putting them into car amplifiers heat sinks. look like the cheap amp I have bought to use its heatsink from but alot of people wanted to buy this from there local store for me to tell them its my custom work at hand (of course not the amp itself). Please give feedback on what u think and I know I can learn something from you guys here.

Diagram below.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

ur welcome. it is regulated as i remembered now. real simple and works well. I have used irfz44 for the mosfets as they are cheap. I custom my own turns to get the voltage I want and play with the r104 r105 and r112 to get me the 2.5 volt ref needed to compare given by r101 and r 102 (2.5 volt ref signal) for voltage regulation. I have taken this from Encyclopedia_of_Electronic_Circuits_-_Vol_6.

You could add a trimmer pot. in between R104 and R105 and tie its wiper to pin 2.
this would give you an adjustment range.
I am guessing between 1k to 5k or maybe even 10k for a wider range, I would have to do a simulation to find the optimum value as it is easier than calculating it by hand.

Jer :)

I usually use cores from old car amps ranging in about the current I need anyhow. I do experiments as well and yes a pot(s) would do the job alot easier in adjustments. I also have the amp that goes with this power supply. 200 watts rms (4 or 8 cant remember) using mosfets for outputs. via irf9540 and irf540 i do believe. also using the +47 & -47 volt rails. i can post that if anyone wants it. Im trying to help out as this site helped me alot.

Yes,I suppose I could have !! He,he,he
It was back in 2004 when I first discovered the LM3886 chip amps and when the LM4780 first came out and I had gotten some samples from NS.
I wanted to use them for my car stereo system.

The SG3526 is the same as/or similar to the TL494, although I am not sure if the pinout is the same or not.
I still do have and many applications for such a circuit though.
I have a few of those IC's laying around that still work in some dead PC supply's.

jer :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.