Sure TK2050 voltage help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all

Im building a mobile soundsystem, it's running 12v with solarcells on top, cell phone charger and lots of cool features..

Anyway, I bought the Sure TK2050 4 channel 100w amplifier and recieved it last week.. As far as I understand the amp will function within the range of 10-30V, but ideally it should run in 24V.

The specs on the amp in 12V is not clearly stated anywhere on the internet, and since the rest of our setup is in 12V, can anyone explain how the amplifier performs with 12V vs. 24V, in regards to power consumption, output W etc.

Alternatively we will need some kind of 12V->24V converter, but before I spend money on such a thing, I would like to know the difference between providing the amp with 24V compared to 12V

If case is I must buy a converter, how many ampere must the "output current" be for my amp?

Best regards.

it performs best around 30V.
(less Vin means less powerful, less loud, but also less consumption)

so if you have a 4x100W amp it will drag (with 90% efficiency) around 500W (max)
is your powersource big enough to deliver that? otherwise you can just convert what you have.

the math:
12V 33A =400W
30V 13,3A =400W

but if you have 12V with just 5A =60W total
realistic it will be around 54W....which is 4x 13W output

Last edited:
it performs best around 30V.
less V = less W (means less powerful, less loud, but also less consumption)

so if you have a 4x100W amp it will drag (with 90% efficiency) around 500W (max)
is your powersource big enough to deliver that? otherwise you can just convert what you have.

the math:
12V 33A 400W
30V 13,3A 400W

444W. But that's RMS. It will be around 56W drain with actual music sources.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.