diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Class D (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/)
-   -   TAS 5630 Class D amp. (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/213890-tas-5630-class-d-amp.html)

JANEK555 4th June 2012 06:49 PM

TAS 5630 Class D amp.

4 Attachment(s)
Hallo boys, this is my first poste here. I decided to built some small and powerfull amplifier. I found TAS5630 chip from Texas Instruments and here is result of my half-year work. Design of PCB is my own, 50% copied from datasheet of TI evaluation board. The amplifier have good sound and good power potential. After some time i will upload some measurments.

luka 5th June 2012 05:19 AM

man, that is impressive, good job!! what i'm worried about is mounting the heatsink, what is holding it in place?

JANEK555 5th June 2012 05:48 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Thanks, i placed TAS5630 on botom of board because it was easier, i think. Heatsink is fixed by 4 screws, between chip and heatsink is thermal paste. Here is small gallery from measuring.

1. Sine, 1kHz, load 4ohm
2. Zoomed sine 1kHz
3. Clipping sine, 1kHz
4. Triangle 1kHz
5. Square is bad, because it somes from soundcard

luka 6th June 2012 06:26 AM

oh see the two screws now, after you mentioned it

hmm, what's with the square wave, look out of shape
is that signal on output or switching before inductor?
If it really is the first one, show the switching before inductor

JANEK555 6th June 2012 11:39 AM

square wave is distorted also on input of amplifier, because i produce square wave signal from sound card in PC. amplifier only copy the input. i dont have some usable wave generator at home. i have to go to the school and measure amp. with better tools.

one question for you.... can i add you as a friend? we can change out skills with class D

luka 6th June 2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JANEK555 (Post 3049963)
square wave is distorted also on input of amplifier, because i produce square wave signal from sound card in PC. amplifier only copy the input. i dont have some usable wave generator at home. i have to go to the school and measure amp. with better tools.

one question for you.... can i add you as a friend? we can change out skills with class D

yea, I understand how that can be, you need right tools for the job

I myself will try someday to make pcb for similar IC as yours is, the TAS5261, since I have digital DSP from texas also, and this one has PWM inputs

JANEK555 6th June 2012 03:28 PM

nice. i have similar plans, i want do some audio devices with TI chips. and what about DSP processing? is it very difficult to do? i am only 19 old and i dont have skills to to with DPS i think.

luka 6th June 2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JANEK555 (Post 3050166)
nice. i have similar plans, i want do some audio devices with TI chips. and what about DSP processing? is it very difficult to do? i am only 19 old and i dont have skills to to with DPS i think.

Right, i'm also on your level pretty much :p
that is why I got myself low cost version of tas3308, 100 give or take
you connect it to PC via usb, and you have purepath studio in which you program all DSP functions graphicaly! And I must say, I love the thing, even better then the expensive DSP I had in car

JANEK555 6th June 2012 07:16 PM

cool, it sound good, where i can see some photos or videos?

luka 6th June 2012 07:33 PM

well you can look at

PurePath? Studio for portable audio - YouTube

and much more here
purepath studio - YouTube

anyway, what I like is, when you are "live", when connected to PC, everything is real time, so you hear the changes, you hear the filter you are changing