TAS 5630 Class D amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hallo boys, this is my first poste here. I decided to built some small and powerfull amplifier. I found TAS5630 chip from Texas Instruments and here is result of my half-year work. Design of PCB is my own, 50% copied from datasheet of TI evaluation board. The amplifier have good sound and good power potential. After some time i will upload some measurments.

Attachments

• DSC03207.JPG
    DSC03207.JPG
    886.7 KB · Views: 900
  • DSC03208.JPG
    DSC03208.JPG
    774.5 KB · Views: 787
  • DSC03220.JPG
    DSC03220.JPG
    730.4 KB · Views: 760
  • DSC03221.JPG
    DSC03221.JPG
    909.3 KB · Views: 752
Thanks, i placed TAS5630 on botom of board because it was easier, i think. Heatsink is fixed by 4 screws, between chip and heatsink is thermal paste. Here is small gallery from measuring.

1. Sine, 1kHz, load 4ohm
2. Zoomed sine 1kHz
3. Clipping sine, 1kHz
4. Triangle 1kHz
5. Square is bad, because it somes from soundcard

Attachments

• NewFile1.bmp
    146.3 KB · Views: 286
  • NewFile2.bmp
    146.3 KB · Views: 107
  • NewFile3.bmp
    146.3 KB · Views: 100
  • NewFile4.bmp
    146.3 KB · Views: 98
  • NewFile5.bmp
    146.3 KB · Views: 116
square wave is distorted also on input of amplifier, because i produce square wave signal from sound card in PC. amplifier only copy the input. i dont have some usable wave generator at home. i have to go to the school and measure amp. with better tools.

one question for you.... can i add you as a friend? we can change out skills with class D

square wave is distorted also on input of amplifier, because i produce square wave signal from sound card in PC. amplifier only copy the input. i dont have some usable wave generator at home. i have to go to the school and measure amp. with better tools.

one question for you.... can i add you as a friend? we can change out skills with class D
yea, I understand how that can be, you need right tools for the job

I myself will try someday to make pcb for similar IC as yours is, the TAS5261, since I have digital DSP from texas also, and this one has PWM inputs

nice. i have similar plans, i want do some audio devices with TI chips. and what about DSP processing? is it very difficult to do? i am only 19 old and i dont have skills to to with DPS i think.
Right, i'm also on your level pretty much :p
that is why I got myself low cost version of tas3308, 100€ give or take
you connect it to PC via usb, and you have purepath studio in which you program all DSP functions graphicaly! And I must say, I love the thing, even better then the expensive DSP I had in car

you could order it from US, but I got it from Farnell.com, I have accout there already
well I had to spent some time with the program to, but now its pretty easy, you really only need "start sheet" or how I would call it, just few config blocks in workspace, then you just add yours and download it to DSP and it's that easy

Thanks, i placed TAS5630 on botom of board because it was easier, i think. Heatsink is fixed by 4 screws, between chip and heatsink is thermal paste. Here is small gallery from measuring.

1. Sine, 1kHz, load 4ohm
2. Zoomed sine 1kHz
3. Clipping sine, 1kHz
4. Triangle 1kHz
5. Square is bad, because it somes from soundcard

Good job! What is the peak-to-peak level of the clipping sine? Can you make a zoom of it or measure it with a faster timebase? I would like to see the ring at the top.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.