Suitcase speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help with the idea of making a suitcase with speakers. Ive done some research on here and looked at the thread which suggested

This is what you should do:

AMP: Lepai Tripath TA2020 ($22)

SPEAKERS: Cadence CWM-6KIT ($59)

BATTERY: RHINO 12V 7Ah ($10)

CHARGER: DURACELL 12V 2A Charger ($20)

The $111 Bad To The Bone Boombox.

Could anyone help with how this would be connected together, is it simple for a novice to this?

You might wanna try giving this a look

The BoomCase© by Mr. Simo | Vintage Suitcase BoomBoxes

In my opinion the whole concept of making a suitcase into a speaker is inherently flawed as a suitcase is not built to any sort of standard in regards to stiffness or acoustic quality. No matter how much you brace a stardard suitcase and try to make it airtight it will never make a good speaker enclosure as it will resosnate and leak like there's no tomorrow.

I always advice people trying this idea out to drop the original idea of making a suitcase into a speaker, and instead make a speaker cabinet that looks like a suitcase, if that is important. Or just make a properly designed speaker cabinet.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.