[IDEA] Class-D Multichannel amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
During my net surfing i have discovered this very interesting - IMHO - chip (produced by MAXIM) called MAX13301:
  • High Output Power (10% THD+N)
    • 2 x 160W into 2Ω at 24V
    • 4 x 80W into 4Ω at 24V
  • 2 Channels Can Be Paralleled
  • Feedback After the Filter
    • Improves THD+N
    • Low Output Impedance
    • High-Frequency Response
    • Improved Damping of Complex Loads
    • Enables Low-Cost Inductors
  • 102dB SNR
  • Low 0.04% THD+N
  • 70dB PSRR
  • On-Board Diagnostics
  • Short-to-Battery/GND
    • Open/Shorted Load
    • Tweeter Detect
  • Protection and Monitoring Functions:
    • Short-Circuit Protection
    • 50V Load-Dump Protection
    • Programmable Clip Detection
    • DC Offset Detection
    • Open Battery/GND Tolerant
    • Thermal-Overload Protection
    • Thermal Warning Indication
  • Four-Address I²C Control Interface
  • Low-Power Shutdown Mode
  • Up to 90.5% Efficiency
  • -40°C to +125°C Ambient Operating Temperature
  • 48-Pin TSSOP-EPR (Top Side Exposed Pad) Package
  • AEC-Q100 Qualified

...and if you check the datasheet (here's the PDF), here's another interesting feature:
Clock Source
The device supports fixed-frequency modulation with an internal or external clock. The modulation mode is selected through CTRL1.CM[1:0] (operating mode select bits).
Master Configuration
In master mode, 10 modulation frequencies are available in fixed-frequency modulation mode. Program CTRL0.MDIV[3:0] (master clock-divide ratio bits) for the desired frequency.
Slave Configuration
Configuring the device as a slave allows an external clock source to provide the switching frequency. In this case, apply the external clock signal at SYNC at double the desired switching frequency.

Not only: it also has diagnostic functions, speakers protection, and I2C interface (that should let you control it through a serial interface).

Unfortunally i'm not an electronic enginner nor able to develop a circuit, but it would be very interesting to have "something" based on it.

Anyone ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.