Any Tripath Pro amps similar to TK2050???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I like my TK2050 amp but now need something with alot more grunt. Is there anything in the pro audio world that is close to the TK2050 sound?

I know the Crown XLS range uses tripath but no idea how the sound compares.

Anyone have experience with these amps or similar?

assembled Tripath 3020 (cheap too)

Connexelectronic

Wouldn't recommend that. Especially not for a pro amp. It's a carbon copy of the Truepath by 41hz, just with a flimsy PCB, not the triple copper thickness of Truepath, and inferior components.

Truepath isn't a good candidate for a pro amp either. For that you'll want the likewise 3020 based amp7 or amp15. Both can, when connected with a balanced signal, deliver up to 1800W mono.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the input, I am putting the my high power dreams on hold for the moment for various reasons. Interesting opinion on the connexelectronic board Saturnus, not the first time ive heard it.

Ive opened a seperate thread and looking for opinions on the lower powered hifimediy boards which may be a simpler first amp project for me:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/212676-best-tk2050-assembled-board.html

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.