Helder TA2020 MKII Start Up Pop

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I have roughly assembled a Helder Hifi TA2020 mkII board and I am getting quite a large pop when I power it on as well as some humming when I touch the volume pot. It's not a metal box at the moment, that's going to change soon. I read some threads on on/off pop but there didn't seem to be a consensus on how best to fix it.

I am an utter noob on amplifiers and electronics so any advice would be greatly appreciated. If posting a wiring diagram would be helpful please let me know.

Kyle

Hi Nigel and Saturnus,

I will try and take a look at those tonight. The amp's description mentions muting and sleeping, I'll have to take a look and see if those are exposed tonight. I'll let you know how it turns out. The amp is directly connected to some EL70 drivers, no crossovers. The cones move in and out quite a bit when powered up, and there is very slight delay after I throw the switch, so, perhaps it is the input caps.

Thanks,
Kyle

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.