AMP6-Basic vs. Topping TP20 mk2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello. We're a couple of manly men, thinking about building a speaker-system for the Roskilde-festival.
We're probably going to have a lot more questions than this, but just to start out with the basics, we're stuck on choosing an amplifier.
Basically, what we're going to want is (a class-d amp?) efficiency and low distortion.
We realize that you can't have both for cheap, so efficiency is probably the most important of the two.

Anyway, back to the case - simple question - which one of these is the best.

Topping TP20 Mark2 Class-T TA2020 Digital Amplifier Amp
Topping TP20 Mark2 Class-T TA2020 Digital Amplifier Amp | eBay

AMP6-(BASIC)
41Hz Audio:AMP6-BASIC kit

To sum it all up, what we're wondering, is whether for the festival the casing of the topping tp20 will outweigh pros the reduced cost of the AMP6 and the reduced distortion.

We'd also like other recommendations, if there's a better alternative.

Thanks in advance for any response.

Hello. We're a couple of manly men, thinking about building a speaker-system for the Roskilde-festival.
We're probably going to have a lot more questions than this, but just to start out with the basics, we're stuck on choosing an amplifier.
Basically, what we're going to want is (a class-d amp?) efficiency and low distortion.
We realize that you can't have both for cheap, so efficiency is probably the most important of the two.

Anyway, back to the case - simple question - which one of these is the best.

Topping TP20 Mark2 Class-T TA2020 Digital Amplifier Amp
Topping TP20 Mark2 Class-T TA2020 Digital Amplifier Amp | eBay

AMP6-(BASIC)
41Hz Audio:AMP6-BASIC kit

To sum it all up, what we're wondering, is whether for the festival the casing of the topping tp20 will outweigh pros the reduced cost of the AMP6 and the reduced distortion.

We'd also like other recommendations, if there's a better alternative.

Thanks in advance for any response.

Maybe this?

SA-S1 SMSL TA2020 Class-T Digital Amplifier HiFi | eBay

I bought from here, and totally satisfied with build and sound quality... Relatively fast shipping and cheap price.

Thank you very much for the link, I found a couple more amps to consider from that search. It doesn't say anything about the THD+N, though? How do you feel about distortion, especially in the low and high watts?

I listen this amp with 97 dB/W sensitivity speakers (4PI), and can't report how behave on high watt... If the power is low, the sound is very beautiful, tight basses, and overal clean sound, but in the beginning the highs are a bit shy, but after 20-25 hours of listening, the levels of high tones are increased.

Sorry for the bad english...

No problem at all, your english is quite understandable. How do you feel about the distortion in the high-watts/volume, though? I'm especially interested in this, as building this is a quite clear benchmark of how good quality the amp is, in my honest opinion.

No problem at all, your english is quite understandable. How do you feel about the distortion in the high-watts/volume, though? I'm especially interested in this, as building this is a quite clear benchmark of how good quality the amp is, in my honest opinion.

I'm sorry, but I can't listen this amp with high power, 'cause my room isn't too large, and my speakers very sensitive (97 dB/w). For me 2-3 watt is enough for high volume.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.