Need Help With Amp Problem... - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th April 2012, 10:24 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Need Help With Amp Problem...

Ok guys here is my first post... Gotta say love this site learnt soo much from here... Hopefully I can get this figured out cause im stumped... Ok so here it goes I currently have a full 7.1 setup in my living room and I received a Monitor Audio BRW-10 Subwoofer from the company I work for... This was brand new in the box but is new OS so the warranty period on it is long gone... My problem is that the subwoofer turns on but produces no sound... Now I have done all the normal testing, and when i sawp my sub line back to my original sub it works flawlessly.... So I thought maybe speaker wire came off so time to dis-assemble which I did and nope wires were connected. So next I examined the amplifier and input board for obvious signs of over heating, burning, and cold solder joints, and from what I can see the board is in great condition... So what else could it be???? One other thing I noticed that was weird is that my other sub has a passthrough to hook up multiple subs so I decided to try it with the subs off I linked them together turned on the subs and as soon as power was supplied my good sub started humming super loud so I immediately unplugged the other monitor audio sub and the hum was gone... I am thinking ground out but the board is in brand new condition so I wouldnt know where to start... Below are HD Pics I took of the amplifier and the input board.. I am thinking the culprit is the input board. Any help is muchly appreciated... Thx for your time...

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 21st April 2012, 03:51 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Wink bump

hey guys anyone out there willing to tackle this with me????

Bump
Old 23rd April 2012, 12:28 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default bump

bump... any help guys????
Old 23rd April 2012, 08:42 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

If you guess that the issue is with the input board, give an input signal and check with the scope if you find it at the output of the input board.
If there is really no signal, then you are searching in the right region.
Follow the signal from input and check where it gets lost....

Hide this!Advertise here!