UCD 2K for my 2 pcs of 18G50

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all, I ve just a quick question on UCD2K, since I do not have too much time to investigate myself. I have 2 x 18G50 Beymas in BR-encl. (waiting for reconing ;-) and for my new home disco-project I would need at least 1 x 2400W @ 4 Ohms (parallel connection). I am thinking of buying 1 x UCD2K module. Since I have some telcom rectifiers avail. at no cost rated at 59Vdc/ 1.8kW each, 3 of them secondary side connected in series would yield 177VDC - with intermediate rails of "+59V" and "+118V", but w/o any mid-rail (no "+88V5", so to speak). Here is my question: Is symmetrical supply voltage really needed for the use of UCD 2K (full bridge class D top.). I think it is only only for the signals to find a ground/reference. In other words, why wouldn't it be sufficient to let a voltage divider (maybe stabilized by some Electrolytics) build an "artificial" signal ground. I am thinking of - lets say - 2 x ~200Ohm resistors in series connected between "+59V" and "+118V", aided by - let's say - 2 x 2200uF / 35VDC in parallell for a total "effective" signal ground impedance of ~100Ohm // 4400uF. Anybody has some experience?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.