Help a newb wire L25D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I built one with L20d and the SMPS800r of Connexelectronic.
Please look at this picture: <** Click this Link for Large picture **>

• The -out terminal of the SMPS needs to be connected to the V- terminal at the amp board (yellow wire)
  • The ground terminal at the SMPS (o Vdc, black wire) is connected to the terminal on the amp board together with the GND speaker out.
  • the +out terminal of the SMPS need to be connected to the +Vdc terminal at the amp board (see red wire)
  • The thick Blue and Red wires at the amp board are connected to the speaker terminals
You do have to have the right version of the SMPS800r, 60-70 Vdc dual supply.

From your questions I get the impression you have no idea what you are doing, how to connect power supplies or how to interpret schematics (excuse me if I'm wrong). And although this amp is not so difficult to put together - it's connecting wires and not much more - this is certainly not a NEWB project. +/- 60VDc is killing.

Maarten

I meant negative terminal from the speaker to power supply? Or amp board?

I am using a sms800r from connexelectronic.
Contrary to the diagram on the eBay page that activexp linked to, the negative terminal from the speaker should connect to the amp board, and NOT to the power supply, as platenspeler described and hopefully his picture clarifies. Otherwise, the output load current would be flowing through the wires from the supplies, increasing losses and loop area.

Contrary to the diagram on the eBay page that activexp linked to, the negative terminal from the speaker should connect to the amp board, and NOT to the power supply, as platenspeler described and hopefully his picture clarifies. Otherwise, the output load current would be flowing through the wires from the supplies, increasing losses and loop area.

I thought that's what I said ... but indeed speaker ground and amp ground connect together to amp board.

Maarten

I thought that's what I said ... but indeed speaker ground and amp ground connect together to amp board.

Maarten

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.