Adding a PGA2311 a shoe-in?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm still pretty new to building amps and such. I recently got the 28v power supply and T2 amp from hifimediy. On my new living room speakers, the sound is simply "dreamy". It doesn't come without a few downsides, though...
1. I have no remote volume
2. I have no remote on/off
3. I have only a single input

It hasn't been a problem, up until I decided I wanted to add a turntable to the mix. I need another input... so I have been researching a bit. It seems the PGA2311 is the way to go, for the price. Seems small enough to add into my enclosure, within my budget, etc.

In the end, I will need 3 inputs for TV, DVD (for CD's), and Turntable. Everything runs through the TV currently, but I'd like to play music (CD or Vinyl) without the TV on, though.

I realize I need to get a transformer that does 9v+9v. I'm a little fuzzy on any other details for remote power management. How does this turn on/off the amp and/or it's power supply? Also, I'm uncertain on how the DAC input works. Is it any different than any of the other RCA inputs?

I have seen other installations with this module, but wanted some direct, clear answers so I can "measure twice, cut once", so to speak. ;)

Thanx guys!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.