Adding "home style" I/O to a "Pro" Amp - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th March 2012, 03:00 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Adding "home style" I/O to a "Pro" Amp

I am the happy owner of a Behringer NU3000 amp. You know, the guy who didn't like the fan noise so just took the entire fan out of the amp.

This thread proposes a more reasonable (?) idea, applicable to most types of equipment. As you may know, the NU3000 is a "pro audio" unit which means it has weird input and output choices that confuse and frighten an old man who has only known home audio up until now.

How much trouble, then, would it be to put in "normal" RCA female jacks and "normal" speaker binding posts instead of the Neutrik twist-locks? Is cutting metal required? Special tools? Maybe I should just buy (or make) adaptors, also it doesn't wreck resale value
Old 12th March 2012, 03:57 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Radio Shack has adapters for converting inputs to RCA's.

Dunno about outputs, but what's wrong with Neutriks?
Old 13th March 2012, 03:17 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Nothing I guess, I am just used to screw-on or whatever you call them for bare wire speaker connects (in recent years I learned the "tweak" of tinning the leads. Obi-wan (the Resale Force) says "buy the adaptors, Luke!" rather than Soldermize TM an otherwise perfect unit. Just askin'.

Last edited by Soldermizer; 13th March 2012 at 03:22 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!