Has anyone compared hypex to IRS2092 amps?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've never seen a hypex or another of the more expensive class D amps compared to an IRS2092 based one.

The IRS2092 measure very well, ~.01% THD until the rise near clipping, and by the few accounts I've seen, sound good.

I wonder if it's that people who can afford hypex won't even consider something so much cheaper.

*rant*

Yesh...with all these people on this forum, I can't believe no comments!! :D

C'mon people!!! There are still alot of noobs out there with questions...even after reading for the past two weeks till their eyes bug out!!! Me for example :eek:

Step it up guys!!!

*end rant*

:snoopy:

if you don't feel like toying and need a turn key solution and are inexperienced in electronics (like me) buy a completed tested product its worth the money seriously, you don't you will end up wasting money getting no where.

I like the NCore range they seem pretty decent here is a nice rare to find article with pictures.

6moons industry features: Hypex Ncore®

I like the way Bruno gives the "we don't play games " stare at the camera. probably cause hes the only one to actually have fully
mathematically concrete model for the self oscillating modules unlike the variants we see floating around on the forum.

Last edited:
Well, I'm about to do the test of comparing my old UcD400 (with lots of mods) against my new IRS2092 amp (JLM L15D-pro). The only problem is: the new amp still needs to be build. I have most of the parts though ;) First week of next year I hope to find to time to do a first build-up and test.

Well, I'm about to do the test of comparing my old UcD400 (with lots of mods) against my new IRS2092 amp (JLM L15D-pro). The only problem is: the new amp still needs to be build. I have most of the parts though ;) First week of next year I hope to find to time to do a first build-up and test.
A month has passed. Did you lose you soldering iron? :)
I am thinking of building a new L15D-amp and am interested in your experience. Next to that, I cannot find the "PRO" version you mention.

Sorry, I did not do a direct compare, it have been listening to the IRS for the past few weeks. It's actually not bad at all. I had to build a buffer though because my source can't drive the amp very well. Noise is a bit more compared to the UcD, but that is expected. Highs are a bit less refined, but detailing and soundstage are great. Amps are 100% original right now, some mods could improve things even more. So I think the UcD is stil the better amp, but the margin is not as big as the price difference would justify. I'm going active, and then these IRS amps just have a massive price advantage.

About the pro version: looks like it is gone from eBay right now. The only difference is the extra DC protection in the pro version, so ne need to buy an external one.

Last edited:

Hello 4real, is it anyone of those amps your discussing here (L15D):
L15D Digital Audio Amplifier Board IRS2092 IRFI4019H USA USPS Tracking Numbe | eBay
L15D Base on IRAUDAMP7S IRS2092 350W x 2 | eBay

And is it possible for you to recommend an internet shop where I can purchase L15D as a kit (components + PCB) or soldered and tested boards.
Im in the need of a qty of approx 10 channels/boards :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.