My TAS5630DKD PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been doing a lot of reading about this Class D chip. I decided that the EVM was a little expensive and I was not a big fan of the EVM pcb. I had pleanty of free time so I decided to take a shot at making my own pcb.
The pcb was made in Eagle and checked with Viewplot.

It pretty much follows the EVM design with only a few differences.
Minor movement of components
Mounting for Intel P4 heatsink
Screw Terminals vs RCA & Banana Plugs

Please have a look at the layout and give feedback. Thank You.

Attachments

• Board.jpg
    Board.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 412
After checking the board and schematic a few more times I will order 5 prototype pcb's and assemble. Hopefully it will work with good results. I made sure that the SMT inductors had very high saturation currents (21A). Hopefully the build will have good results.

I may need some adjustments due to the larger heatsink and extended traces in the current path, but the interference should be fairly low. After testing I would also like to make a 2.1CH and 4CH revision. Theis BTL/PBTL setup will be tested with a PA setup and also a home. The SMPS will supply 48V@450W.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.