Behringer iNuke NU3000 w/o any fan...?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Noah, you raise an interesting issue. In the past, I have found pin-outs for common connectors (such as the fan in a PC). I didn't find any such info at NewEgg. Perhaps you can find a source on the Net? Not a huge deal, but would save some trial & error for DIY-ers like us. All I can tell you for certain is you need to use two of the three conductors on each new fan :)

Last edited:
If I want to keep the 3-pin connections of the fan intact, is this a good thing to buy?
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Will this have any effect on the voltage to the fans? I am thinking of buying these fans Fractal Design Silent Series 80mm 11dBA, Retail - Hemelektronik - CDON.COM (sorry for the Swedish link, the info is in English though) and I have one of them already. I am thinking of first running them on full power and see how much noise they make and then if they are too loud I will connect them in series (or was it parallell?) to cut the voltage in half. Or just mount some sort of resistor on the cable.

You will need to cut and splice some where. The female connectors to the NU6000 PCB are very small 2-wire connectors (sorry, I don't know the ID). I am not 100% sure but the stock Behringer fan connector is quite smaller than a standard DIY PC fan. To review what I did: I just used the existing connectors to the stock fans and by trial and error (I used a car battery, but you could use the 12 V lead I suppose...) I figured out which connectors make the fan blow the right way.

Last edited:
Yes, I opened up the case yesterday and saw that the connectors on the PCB were glued so I will have to cut the original wires. But I think the colors were marked on the fan labels, red being + and black being - if I remember correctly.

I do have a spare Zalman Fan Mate fancontroller as well. Might be I'll use it for the initial testing to see what voltage gives acceptable noise levels. In that case the splitter cable will be needed since the Fan Mate only has one output (can handle up to 6 W and the fans need ~0.5 W).

You are correct. I just pulled connectors off (with a needle nose pliers). You are correct on the wire color coding. (Always good to verify, tho!) I used just one (Behringer) connection, because I am lazy and already had made the wiring for serial fans, so I re-used that and hooked it up parallel for two new fans.

Alright, so there's no problems connecting two fans to just one connection on the PCB?
I think I'll start without the fan controller because I think the fans are quite already on full power but if they are too noisy I'll use the fan controller. I will place an order now, hopefully I'll have the stuff before the weekend.

Successfully fan-modded my Behringer iNuke NU6000. It's now completely silent, can't even be heard 20cm away from it. Using two Fractal Design 80mm RealSilent fans and a Zalman fan controller (not needed though, will remove it later I guess). I don't think the fans are running at 12v, slightly less because they spin a bit slower than I expected them to. They push almost no air at all and I hope the cooling is enough. We'll see.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.