Help with Lepai LP-2020a+

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello I'm new to the forum and I bought one of those Lepai 2020a+ amps and I got it to my mailbox today.When I was gonna test it I used a 12 V 5A power supply(wich I later found out was AC) and I connected it and you culd hear the relay switch on and off constantly and afther a while a capacitor practically blew up and left alot of smoke and liquid.I didn't understood why it happend,I was assuming it had to do with the power supply and then I found out it was a AC output so I opend up the amp and replaced the capacitor and added a diode to the power suppy and started it,and it seemd to work so I connected it to the speakers and the input but I get no signal out to the speakers.And I also bypassed the relay but without any sucess.Now I wounder if there is some other component that may be fried so is there any way to troubleshoot and find what component is failing? I am not very familiair to this board as I just got it.
Thanks alot:)

Hmmm. Shorted out a speaker wire and blew a channel on mine.
Bought a replacement Lepai... not yet delivered tho. sigh.
Also bought a YuangJi
YJ TA2020 20W+20W Class D amplifier board | eBay
Which did arrive... after 2 weeks.
Frankly it's a Much! better circuit. (No box though) needing little if any 'Upgrading' unlike the Lepai which needs a Lot (most) of it's parts replaced.
PS: Ta2020 chips are available for $5 with free shipping... IF you want to bother with the Lepai ressurection ? Removing the chip from the PCB's through plated holes without ruining the pcb is.. not.. a trivial task

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.