Topping TP20 MK2 TA2020 mods

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just bought a Topping TP20 MK2 and right out of the box it sounds amazing. I'm powering the TP20 with a SLA battery and running a pair of Merrill DCA5.5 full range drivers in custom bass reflex cabinets built by Fritz Heiler of fritzspeakers. Anyone who hears them thinks I have a subwoofer in the system. My experience only confirms the full range driver as the perfect match for Tripath amps. It's not the best video quality, but you can see my TP20 on youtube: Topping TP20 MK2 TA2020 Tripath Amp - YouTube

Has anyone modded the TP20 MK2 with some measure of success?

What exactly would you change? It's top notch components used everywhere it matters.

Saturnus, you confirmed my thoughts exactly. The question arose from reading some posts that mentioned Topping mods. I have owned the Topping TP21 and the Topping D2 DAC, both of which were exceptional workmanship and sound quality. For $80USD (shipping incl), the Topping TP20 MK2 is a steal.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.