Arjen TA2020 Help needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi! bought the ta2020 MkIII kit from arjen a while ago.

I wired it up yesterday and im sure that i did the correct wiring. But there is a problem.

The powersupply that was supplied with the kit, when started the led is flashing on the power supply. and a clicking sound from both speakers and the relays is appearing. Its like a pulse. The same is for the Power LED on the arjen Board and the Over LED. I have video of it if requested.

Please help me, im just a beginner :)

something is shorting/drawing too much current - it's the protection kicking in. Mine did it when I was messing around with different LEDs. Double check your wiring.

Post a nice clear photo of your build and I can check for obvious errors. Also look for my post a few pages back - it has a good wiring diagram drawn by Arjen.

Next thing to do is take things out of the equation - try just the board and the psu (disconnect the speakers and inputs)

Then add things back one at a time till you get the problem again.

Edit:

Here you are - this is how the input side should be wired

saldat10.jpg

Last edited:
Its fixed now! haha the voltage was turned down to 1,5 volts on the smps so, now i turned it up to max and the smps led is no longer flashing, the Power led for the amp board is fluid and the OVER just flashes for a milisecond when starting (i hope that means ok) So no problems! thanks for the advice tho

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.