PAM8610 Issues

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, and I really hope someone can help with this issue.:)

I'm slowly losing my hearing due to the bones of my middle ears thickening. This is a genetic condition, and can be corrected by surgery, however I haven't lost enough of my hearing to considered a good candidate, and what's more, even when I get the surgery, I still won't get all of my hearing back, just a good amount of it, so I really need someones help with this problem I'm having.

I do have some basic electronic skills, and I'm really hoping that they'll be sufficient. :)

I bought 2 PAM8610's from two different vendors on eBay and I can't get either one of them to work. I have 8 fully charged AA batteries in a AA battery tray, a 3.5mm stereo jack from a set of old headphones that I didn't need anymore, and I checked to make sure I was getting sound out of both speakers before I cut the cable off. I decided to keep about 20 inches of cable on it just for GP's sake.

Here's what I'm trying to do. I'm connecting the 3.5mm male to the female socket on my iPhone, the wired ends to the PAM8610 L and R screw in jacks, a pair of iLuv headphones to the output jack, and I've verified that I've got the polarity correct for the power supply, the red LED on both lights up.

The reason why this is important is because the output on my iPhone isn't really enough for me to hear the audio, particularly music all that well. I need to boost the audio output to really be able to enjoy the audio portion of my phone.

What happens when I've got a song playing, on one of the units, is that I get a brief hiss then nothing, then with the same wiring done on the other unit, I hook up the power and get nothing. I've tried all the different wiring combinations possible and only one works. I've even tried using the headphone speakers I cut off and the same thing happens. This is really annoying and I'm thinking that both of these units are bad. Any ideas anyone?:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.