Ultra Simple Class D

Hi all,

This is my first approach on class D amp, I'm glad I have found a simple project in which used components I already had. I may put them in good use by constructing this amp, however I am being confused, it seems that the schematic that Norazmi posted was different than the projects of Andrew, rezamir and irvynejay which to my knowledge was being discussed in this thread..:confused: and the smps link do not work for non-members (posted by Andrew).

I definitely wanted to construct this project, will someone share the construction files..;)

Thanks & Regards!

there is no different, Irvy use 2 pcb together and make it stereo. adrew made 1 pcb for mono and maybe he will make new one to have it stereo. rezamir just draw hes own pcb but still use same schema that i`ve posted. as u always make ur own as u wish no problem.

abeteer u can use from original i posted and it should work without problem.

norazmi,

thanks, but I don't see BD139/140 in the schematic there are 4 pairs of MPSA and a couple of BCs, was the pre-driver MPSA replaced by 2Ns? and the combined MPSA/BCs drivers replaced by BDs? Also what are the parts value with DNP indicated...it may be of help on what diameter of torus will I need and how many turns of wire.

I may be asking too much please consider.

Cheers!
:D

thank you norazmi, I'll get back to you later on, in the meantime I will be completing the parts and do the etching job..I did try to dis-assemble one EI33 taken from a discarded PSU, unfortunately the E was split into two parts, it seems that these small ferrite cored transformer is very fragile.

Ciao!

Last edited:
I got here a few sizes of T106-2 which one will suit best to the amp? I will be using +/-24VAC 6amp power trans.

Thanks!

Attachments

• dsc07659small.jpg
    dsc07659small.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 2,988