Ultra Simple Class D

D

Deleted member 148505

yes, it will work with proper design, sending u an email now.

Hi Azmi,

Im planning to put NE555 for the delay and an optocoupler for shorting the U1B output to ground. I also want to use LM311 for the comparator because I already used it in one of my prototype amps and achieved good results. But it will consume too much pcb space.

Did you experience good results with small signal transistor (eg. 2n5401) for current sensing trigger? If it is good, and doesn't have false trigger problems I think I will use it instead of LM311

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
idk, but using transistor is not good, sometimes your power transistor safe and some might not, and without delay is more worst happens. better you go with ne555 and LM311, so far it did good job with ucd amp that i already test before, yea little more space it not a problem :D .

D

Deleted member 148505

Thanks, I just created a daughter board that can be attached on top.
The protection circuit is already tested in my other class d amp.

Here's the preview

Attachments

• lester.PNG
    lester.PNG
    173.3 KB · Views: 1,427
  • protect.PNG
    protect.PNG
    74.7 KB · Views: 1,398
Last edited by a moderator:
Another way to accomplish a super simple class d amp if lots of power is not the goal is to use mosfet gate drivers as output stages. Though with IXDD430 and BTL mode around 100 watts is possible into 4 ohms as these gate drivers can take up to 40V wheres the others are limited to max 18-20V.

Heres a BTL UcD i prototyped using UC3710's as output stages:

Attachments

• jocJuQv.jpg
    jocJuQv.jpg
    371.9 KB · Views: 1,273
D

Deleted member 148505

I'm currently creating a pcb layout for this, all through hole and easily obtainable parts.
I added low side current sensing and speaker protect in one board. Also added parallel diode/gate resistor to match P and N channel gate charging. :)