Hifimediy T4

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm kind of new to all this, so pardon my ignorances. I've been trying to study up and figure all this out. I'm building a BFM speaker and want to power it with a class D amp. The project is basically like a keyboard combo amp.
I was just wondering if anybody has a ballpark for what the usable power is for this amp. I know it says 180watts per channel, but that's at a pretty high THD, right? And at high THD, it doesn't sound good, right? Again, sorry for my newbie-ness...

Yorkville sound makes some decent musical amps based of the LM3886 type chip.

Here is the link if you want to check it out. It can be built point to point as well.

Pretty decent sound for solid state, friendly project for the newbie.

I would hold off on Class D until you get a little more familiar with things. They can't seem to agree with themselves yet so it might get confusing for a beginner.

Have fun. http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/chip-amps/162099-lm3886-schematics-pcb.html

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.