Soft Start, Loudspeaker protection or other? HELP!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey All,

I've got a turn on/off power popping problem that I need to fix. My setup is as follows: miniDSP (2x4 Balanced) powered from one of two B&O 250ASX2 amp modules via 24v/12v regulator/voltage divider. I've got the two B&O's connected directly to an IEC input w/ switch (they have integrated SMPS w/ an Aux DC out). I believe the miniDSP is the source of the popping since it's not as severe when I disconnect the signal cables from it.

So, how should I approach this? Soft start circuit? (but the miniDSP gets its power from the B&O) Loudspeaker Protection Circuit? (maybe, but I have 4 channels...and not a lot of extra room.) Some sort of amplifier enable switch that is triggered with a relay with a delay? I think it might work but I have no idea how to build such a device...help?

thanks!

Thanks, but I'm not sure it will work with my DSP powered off the amp(s). Is there a way for this scenario to work - power switch on -> DSP turns on with "mute enabled pin" engaged on B&O amps -> xxxms delay -> "mute enabled pin" released. Power switch off -> "mute enabled pin" engaged -> xxxms delay -> DSP turns off. Essentially I'm looking for a sort of power sequencing or timed mute relay function that all happens in the same chassis.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.