HELP: Building an amplifier.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi:

I am new to this forum, I see that most of you guys here are experts in the building and design of amplifiers, I, on the other hand, am totally ignorant, so I please ask for your patience, kindness and expertise.

I've been browsing all the amplifier boards they sell these days at eBay, a huge array to say the least, and I've become very interested in learning how to build small amplifiers with excellent sound using these boards.

Since I am totally ignorant on the matter, last month I couldn't resist the temptation, and after hours of reading specs and browsing pages and pages at eBay, I decided to buy a assembled amplifier. I bought the SMSL SA-S3 with the low noise power adapter. I also purchased a pair of Sony SS-B1000 speakers to use them with my new amplifier. I tried the amp with the speakers yesterday with my Ipod Mini and the sound is great.

Now I would like to build one myself, but I want something more powerful, one that could drive the Sony SS-B-1000 speakers I bought and perhaps a set of bigger speakers in the near future. The problem, again, my ignorance.

These three are the boards I like, but I need to know from you guys which is the best of the three. There is one that uses a vacuum tube, and from what I understand tubes produce the warmest sound. I also need to know how to power these things, I see that they sell "power supply boards", "toroydal transformers" and Sure Electronics sells "power supply units" which I don't like because I want to build the whole thing in one of those aluminum cases with a plug in the back to connect it directly to a 110V AC outlet.

I'd really appreciate if you guys could help me here, or direct me to where I can find the information I need to put together a nice amplifier. I also need help finding all the stuff I'm going to need, so if you know of a reliable supplier for all the stuff, please post the info as well.

Thank you very much.

Excellent 2 X LM3886+6N11Tube Audio Amplifier Board | eBay

Tripath TA2022 2x90W T-AMP AMPLIFIER ASSEMBLED MODULE | eBay

2 Channel 250Watt Class D Audio Amplifier Board - IRS2092 | eBay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.