IR2011 OrCAD Capture simulation model problem - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th January 2012, 07:58 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default IR2011 OrCAD Capture simulation model problem

The circuit is setup according to the IR2011's datasheet. When i tried to simulate the circuit using OrCAD Capture, it gives me these errors.

"There are no data values in section number 1. Ignoring this section."
"Overflow, convert"
"Internal Error -- Overflow, Convert"
"Run aborted"
"Simulation aborted"

After sometime, I was able to find the problem. The problem is the pin Vs. If this pin is to be connected between the High side and the Low side N-MOS (Exactly the same way showed in the IR2011's datasheet.), the error above appeared.

If I were to connected this Vs Pin directly to either ground or to a voltage source, then the simulation will run fine.

Has anyone come across this problem? Is there a way to fix the error? I think that the IR2011 model is bugged.

Note: The model is not modified. It was downloaded directly from the manufacture website International Rectifier - Spice and Saber Model Product Information
Old 11th January 2012, 11:53 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

I have the same problem. When I connect Vs between the Mosfets I get the same error. I don´t know how to fix this problem and I hope someone can help us.
Maybe you are right and the IR2011 is not good.

Good luck and I up the post.
Old 13th January 2012, 08:38 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

why don't you just build the model yourself, It's simple and reliable.
Old 13th January 2012, 01:34 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to TargetAmplificadores
Me the same error also occurs in ORCAD 16, when it is not with the VSS pin is the pin COM, funny that the only options you have to download from the IR and ORCAD MicroSim are for, and not have anything else relating to spice.Se configuration can handcuff the solution will be also grateful
Old 16th January 2012, 12:51 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

I solved the problem! In my case, I gave to the capacitor placed in the Vs pin (bootstrap circuit) a initial condition with 5V (as an example) and everything works correctly. If the capacitor is not charged at initial time Orcad doesn´t know how to simulated.
We hope it helps you.

Hide this!Advertise here!