IR2011 OrCAD Capture simulation model problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The circuit is setup according to the IR2011's datasheet. When i tried to simulate the circuit using OrCAD Capture, it gives me these errors.

"There are no data values in section number 1. Ignoring this section."
"Overflow, convert"
"Internal Error -- Overflow, Convert"
"Run aborted"
"Simulation aborted"

After sometime, I was able to find the problem. The problem is the pin Vs. If this pin is to be connected between the High side and the Low side N-MOS (Exactly the same way showed in the IR2011's datasheet.), the error above appeared.

If I were to connected this Vs Pin directly to either ground or to a voltage source, then the simulation will run fine.

Has anyone come across this problem? Is there a way to fix the error? I think that the IR2011 model is bugged.

Note: The model is not modified. It was downloaded directly from the manufacture website International Rectifier - Spice and Saber Model Product Information

I solved the problem! In my case, I gave to the capacitor placed in the Vs pin (bootstrap circuit) a initial condition with 5V (as an example) and everything works correctly. If the capacitor is not charged at initial time Orcad doesn´t know how to simulated.
We hope it helps you.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.