Sure Electronics 2x300W (TAS5630) & 2x250W (IRS2092) - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th January 2012, 08:25 AM   #21
neilmc is offline neilmc  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default It's here

My TAS5630 based module and MW power supply arrived today.

No complaints yet. I'm not experienced enough to comment on the design of the module, but the build quality looks good (better than the the boards I gutted out of the LG HTIB that I'm using for a case).

As you can see from the attachment it's not properly mounted yet. I've tested it at low to moderate volume so far. No noise from the amp (even with my ear against the drivers) but the house isn't completely quiet right now.

I'm very happy with the sound so far.

I'm not so happy with the chassis from the old LG unit. With the base pressed to suit the original boards, it's going to be hard to do a nice job.

I'll be able to safely mount the PS and module for now though until I order a better case. Thanks to the diyaudio forums I've found a supplier of reasonably priced cabinets (& I'm now happy that I'll find a use for the amp module).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (467.9 KB, 1320 views)
Old 26th January 2012, 12:11 AM   #22
diyAudio Member

I've now mounted and connected my module properly. Playing at higher levels has impressed me so far. Sounds very crisp/clean and it definitely is capable of driving the speakers much harder than my 80 wpc Sony receiver.
Old 26th January 2012, 02:07 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

@neilmc. Thats great news! Any issues with heat?
Old 26th January 2012, 02:25 AM   #24
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa12222 View Post
@neilmc. Thats great news! Any issues with heat?
None yet. I've played with it enough to see that it can deliver plenty of power, but any more than 5 min at high level and every member of my family starts yelling at me

Given that it's only had short bursts at high output, I haven't caused the fan to speed up or the power supply fan to start up yet.

There is a small pop (nothing that will cause damage) when the amp powers down, but that may be something to do with the power supply. At lower listening levels, the power supply continues to run the amp for a couple of seconds when you pull the mains.
Old 26th January 2012, 06:54 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

Most of the family went out for a while so I was able to run it at about 160wpc 4 ohm for about 15 min. (our daughter was the only one home. she kept walking in with her fingers in her ears frowning at me... )

The amp heat sink was warm to touch, but the fan speed didn't increase. The fan kicked in on the power supply after about 3 minutes.

I probably need to get hold of a suitable dummy load to test for longer than that (the speakers I had connected are rated at 100w RMS), but so far so good.
Old 22nd July 2012, 05:38 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

Nice

How does the amp goes? I am looking at this to power a subwoofer? Is it a good idea?
Thanks
Erwin
Old 22nd July 2012, 09:49 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milen007 View Post
Nice

How does the amp goes? I am looking at this to power a subwoofer? Is it a good idea?
Thanks
Erwin
As far as I'm aware, this particular board can't be configured to run 1 channel.

For a sub, and if you were still looking at Sure Electronics boards, then this is probably better suited:

1x600W TAS5630 Class-D Amplifier Board 320-311
(it can be found a little cheaper on eBay).

Like the 2 x 300w board though, the 600w quoted isn't realistic (2 ohm load 10% THD). They quote 200W 8 ohm 0.4% THD.

If you are looking for more power than that, one of these might be worth considering:

Connexelectronic

Up to 600W single channel module (order selectable 150-600W)

Last edited by neilmc; 22nd July 2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old 23rd July 2012, 03:34 AM   #28
diyAudio Member

superb.

thanks so much for the recommendation.
Old 25th October 2012, 10:17 AM   #29
diyAudio Member

hi
I can provide TI EVM PCBs if someone needs.

i have listed that on Ebay:
TAS5630B Evaluation Board PCB EVM | eBay

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group...ml#post2975316
Old 25th October 2012, 10:37 AM   #30
authlxl is offline authlxl  China
SINEWAVE ELECTRONICS CO.,LTD
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to authlxl
Quote:
Originally Posted by authlxl View Post
if possible we will remanufacture some board of tas5631B in this year.
Our tas5630 amp revised many times now, works stable, all the chip are TAS5630B now,many friend ask us for the reason why not develop tas5631b PWM input amp, we think it is same chip indeed, only add low frequency pass filter ahead.we think PWM is analog not digital indeed.if use tas5631b, we have to add one i2s to PWM chip , cost higher.
Good suggestions are appreciated, Many thanks!

Hide this!Advertise here!