Sure Electronics 2x300W (TAS5630) & 2x250W (IRS2092) - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th January 2012, 01:31 PM   #11
trevmar is offline trevmar  United States
diyAudio Member

@petemate: Interesting link from the TI forum, confirming my suspicions about the SURE designer Interesting that the inductors they used on the board whose photo is at the TI forum are the old 10uH from the TK2050 series - those cooked here on 32V, I would hate to see them on 50V. I measured a 40 degrees C temperature rise at 32V/390KHz...
Old 13th January 2012, 07:46 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

oh, IRS 2092 has a bad FR at 4ohm. TI TAS5630 is better and with a good waveform. but IRS 2092 is much reliable. plug in or off the input socket and short-circuit the output will never destroy the amp. TAS5630 does have chances to be broken in these situation.
Old 13th January 2012, 08:16 AM   #13
authlxl is offline authlxl  China
SINEWAVE ELECTRONICS CO.,LTD
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to authlxl
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevmar View Post
@petemate: Interesting link from the TI forum, confirming my suspicions about the SURE designer Interesting that the inductors they used on the board whose photo is at the TI forum are the old 10uH from the TK2050 series - those cooked here on 32V, I would hate to see them on 50V. I measured a 40 degrees C temperature rise at 32V/390KHz...
If enjoy music with class D amp,TAS SERIES from TI are the best choice. TAS 5613 or TAS 5630 excellent indeed.
It is HI-END products in class D amp, Hi-Fi system applying, it like PANDA ,very delicate; IRS2092 amp ,Camel indeed, held captive,tortured repeatedly no problems,sound not good.

Tas5630 can not bear full load continuous sinewave signal two channel at same time .if test you can one by one channel add testing signal and get result.or you can add power level limiter circuit on board, so we can get large dynamic range music and tas chip works stable.

Attention: must isolated OSC crocodile clip, due to BTL output have half VDD voltage on output .
three way can be selected:
1. 1:1 transformer between ac supply and OSC ac socket.
2. add one 10nf/200v mkp cap on crocodile clip when testing.
3. crocodile clip connect to gnd and measure output,double display rms value.

if customer add hi-fi modules on industry application and test it with camel method ,test result will terrible.PANDA have to die.

Last edited by authlxl; 13th January 2012 at 08:35 AM.
Old 13th January 2012, 09:16 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

The EVM module TAS5631 looks really interesting, but too expensive I think.
http://www.ti.com/lit/ug/slou274a/slou274a.pdf

What's the difference between TAS5613 and TAS5631 besides analog vs digital input. I have MiniDSP and would love to be able to use the spdif output, but not at the expense of sound quality.

Last edited by Kjeldsen; 13th January 2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old 13th January 2012, 11:22 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldsen View Post
The EVM module TAS5631 looks really interesting, but too expensive I think.
http://www.ti.com/lit/ug/slou274a/slou274a.pdf

What's the difference between TAS5613 and TAS5631 besides analog vs digital input. I have MiniDSP and would love to be able to use the spdif output, but not at the expense of sound quality.
ta5631 not recommended now,tas5631b active, Jonas in Denmark develop it now, looks good. dxco.dk - website for Dexter & Co .
Old 13th January 2012, 12:25 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

TAS5631DKD2 Evaluation Module Status: ACTIVE

Can't find TAS5631B EVM module

The Sumoh amps from dxco are finished product I'm looking to find some (cheap) semi finished only.
Old 13th January 2012, 12:55 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldsen View Post
TAS5631DKD2 Evaluation Module Status: ACTIVE

Can't find TAS5631B EVM module

The Sumoh amps from dxco are finished product I'm looking to find some (cheap) semi finished only.
if possible we will remanufacture some board of tas5631B in this year.
Old 13th January 2012, 06:47 PM   #18
trevmar is offline trevmar  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by authlxl View Post
Attention: must isolated OSC crocodile clip, due to BTL output have half VDD voltage on output .
authlxl, I too would really appreciate a low cost way to buy one or two simple boards, without power supply, so that I can experiment with this new TI chip. It gets very expensive for us to buy boards for every new amplifier which comes out, and that is why the cheaper SURE boards are so attractive. It is a pity they are not better designed.

My measurement equipment uses a 24bit digital converter, and I have a special low-distortion differential input preamplifier I have built so that I can put crocodile clips on both sides of the output bridge. I do appreciate your advice, but I have been in the design business a very long time, and haven't used single-ended measurements for many years

Keep up the good work,

Sincerely
Trevor
Old 14th January 2012, 02:57 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevmar View Post
authlxl, I too would really appreciate a low cost way to buy one or two simple boards, without power supply, so that I can experiment with this new TI chip. It gets very expensive for us to buy boards for every new amplifier which comes out, and that is why the cheaper SURE boards are so attractive. It is a pity they are not better designed.

My measurement equipment uses a 24bit digital converter, and I have a special low-distortion differential input preamplifier I have built so that I can put crocodile clips on both sides of the output bridge. I do appreciate your advice, but I have been in the design business a very long time, and haven't used single-ended measurements for many years

Keep up the good work,

Sincerely
Trevor

Thanks for your suggestion and very good idea! we think we can try to make it reality.if any update, we will annonce in vendor forums.
Old 16th January 2012, 03:15 AM   #20
neilmc is offline neilmc  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa12222 View Post
Just saw these for sale on their Ebay store. Has anyone bought them?

Thinking of buying one of these to power my tapped horn. 50Watts just doesn't cut it anymore
I ordered one to be shipped to Australia on 11 Jan. It apparently shipped on the 12th.

If I'm lucky it might be here in the next week or so (online parcel tracking isn't showing anything yet).

I ordered it with a 36v 350W switching supply. I don't really have a use for it yet. I ordered it mainly out of curiosity. I'm toying with the idea of connecting it and other modules to the pre outs on a Sony ES receiver if it's good enough.

I'm also curious about the classdaudio.com boards, but thought I start at the cheaper end of the scale.

Decent project cases seem a bit pricy for this sort of tinkering, so I grabbed a second hand LG DVD/surround all in one unit for $15 and gutted it for the case. It's about 70mm high internally, so the modules from Sure Electronics should fit. I've taken the plastic facia/DVD tray off the front and will make a new front for it.

The LG all in one has a separate switching power supply board. I should investigate it a bit more.. I might be able to make use of it.

Hide this!Advertise here!