Sure Electronics 2x300W (TAS5630) & 2x250W (IRS2092)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's here

My TAS5630 based module and MW power supply arrived today.

No complaints yet. I'm not experienced enough to comment on the design of the module, but the build quality looks good (better than the the boards I gutted out of the LG HTIB that I'm using for a case).

As you can see from the attachment it's not properly mounted yet. I've tested it at low to moderate volume so far. No noise from the amp (even with my ear against the drivers) but the house isn't completely quiet right now.

I'm very happy with the sound so far.

I'm not so happy with the chassis from the old LG unit. With the base pressed to suit the original boards, it's going to be hard to do a nice job.

I'll be able to safely mount the PS and module for now though until I order a better case. Thanks to the diyaudio forums I've found a supplier of reasonably priced cabinets (& I'm now happy that I'll find a use for the amp module).

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    467.9 KB · Views: 1,648
@neilmc. Thats great news! Any issues with heat?

None yet. I've played with it enough to see that it can deliver plenty of power, but any more than 5 min at high level and every member of my family starts yelling at me :(

Given that it's only had short bursts at high output, I haven't caused the fan to speed up or the power supply fan to start up yet.

There is a small pop (nothing that will cause damage) when the amp powers down, but that may be something to do with the power supply. At lower listening levels, the power supply continues to run the amp for a couple of seconds when you pull the mains.

Most of the family went out for a while so I was able to run it at about 160wpc 4 ohm for about 15 min. (our daughter was the only one home. she kept walking in with her fingers in her ears frowning at me... )

The amp heat sink was warm to touch, but the fan speed didn't increase. The fan kicked in on the power supply after about 3 minutes.

I probably need to get hold of a suitable dummy load to test for longer than that (the speakers I had connected are rated at 100w RMS), but so far so good.

Nice

How does the amp goes? I am looking at this to power a subwoofer? Is it a good idea?
Thanks
Erwin

As far as I'm aware, this particular board can't be configured to run 1 channel.

For a sub, and if you were still looking at Sure Electronics boards, then this is probably better suited:

1x600W TAS5630 Class-D Amplifier Board 320-311
(it can be found a little cheaper on eBay).

Like the 2 x 300w board though, the 600w quoted isn't realistic (2 ohm load 10% THD). They quote 200W 8 ohm 0.4% THD.

If you are looking for more power than that, one of these might be worth considering:

Connexelectronic

Up to 600W single channel module (order selectable 150-600W)

Last edited:
if possible we will remanufacture some board of tas5631B in this year.

Our tas5630 amp revised many times now, works stable, all the chip are TAS5630B now,many friend ask us for the reason why not develop tas5631b PWM input amp, we think it is same chip indeed, only add low frequency pass filter ahead.we think PWM is analog not digital indeed.if use tas5631b, we have to add one i2s to PWM chip , cost higher.
Good suggestions are appreciated, Many thanks!

Hello guys, i recently buyed one amp with power supply from sure-hifi (ebay) and i saw there was a warning there (DO NOT power the amplifier board when there's signal input, or the chip will be burnt out. It's suggested to plug RCA jack first, stop signal input and then power the amplifier board. Finally, Begin signal input after 1 second) dose anyone had this problem? this sounds absurd to me.That means, the amp is very unstable.

this bundle tas5630 and power supply 350w title says 300w x2 and in same title power supply 350w ..wtf but ok should be around 100w rms per channel..and when i found that line about burning amp when playing music and disconnect from mains i ordered it in matter of seconds they bougt me on that :)...try to guess what will i first do when amp comes in my hands :D

Don't order TI TAS5630, its sound quality is not good. I've ordered 4 IRS2092 2x250W boards and sound quality is much better. It uses dual +/- power supply and at high voltage values (+-60V) with low resident noise and lower THD+N (only 0.007% at 100W). The sound quality is very very good. I use a 2KW toroidal transformer and two Nichicon 100.000uF capacitors in power supply stage.

Our tas5630 amp revised many times now, works stable, all the chip are TAS5630B now,many friend ask us for the reason why not develop tas5631b PWM input amp, we think it is same chip indeed, only add low frequency pass filter ahead.we think PWM is analog not digital indeed.if use tas5631b, we have to add one i2s to PWM chip , cost higher.

But cost of I2S to PWM are probably cheaper than a good DAC. I once owned the panasonix SA-XR55 (don't no which TAS chip). Analouge input was bad sounding, but digital spdif was really good.

Hello guys, i recently buyed one amp with power supply from sure-hifi (ebay) and i saw there was a warning there (DO NOT power the amplifier board when there's signal input, or the chip will be burnt out. It's suggested to plug RCA jack first, stop signal input and then power the amplifier board. Finally, Begin signal input after 1 second) dose anyone had this problem? this sounds absurd to me.That means, the amp is very unstable.

What has your experience been so far with this amp?

Stable TAS5630B amp module with SMPS unit all in one board

latest Version TAS5630B board completed, it is G300V33 series, G300V33BTL is 2channel module, G300V33PBT is mono channel module,

Very stable now, shorted output together anytime no problems.

Dynamic limiter support,

DCP /OCP/ UVP/OTP protections, even POWER LEVEL control system added, this function can make the module RMS power about 400W total.so the chip can run under safe conditions.

Key benefits
ü Backup DC supply system, suit for solar or car system application.
ü A wide set of features for plug and play implementation into applications such as active speakers or proaudiosystem.
ü Black-box design, module have good heat dissipation and better EMC performance.
ü Advanced protected function against short circuits, overload and overheating and includes on-board fuses and EMI filtering that provide a CE and FCC pre-approved design.

Key Specifications
.POWER OUT:
G300v33BTL 2×200W/ 4Ω@1%THD+N /2 BTL MODE
G300v33PBT 1X350W /2 Ω @ 1% THD+N /1PBTL MODE
.FREQUENCY RESPONSE: THD+N ≤0.05% / 20-20KHz / <1dB/1W

.INPUT SENSITIVITY: 0dBV(1Vrms/BAL input)

.S/N: 98dB(AES-17/A-weight)

.POWER SUPPLY: 110VAC OR 220VAC 50 OR 60Hz

.AUXILIARY POWER: +/-14V @ 500MA max

.DIMENSIONS: 160MM(length)*80(width)*52mm(height)

.NET WEIGHT: 0.46Kg

Key Features

Balance input and balance output design, Hi-Fi sound design
Multilayer PCB and thickness copper route
Dynamic limiter inside, suit for proaudio system
Black-box design, high power small size
Multi current protection and auto reset system
Clip signal indicator
channel PWM running status have led indictor
Suitable for CE approved designs
Proaudio system To Hi-Fi design
Backup DC supply system

SYSTEM TESTING

[FONT=&#23435]PROTECTION TESTING[/FONT]
ü [FONT=&#23435]Output shorted testing passed[/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435]Shorted output wire while half loader running , , good protection performance. [/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435]No loader and amp running . 1vrms and 1khz signal added, shorted output, protect well.[/FONT]
ü [FONT=&#23435]Over load testing passed[/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435]Add 1khz signal and connect 2ohm loader, increase the input gain , if loader power over 400W, SMPSOCP protect will happen, it isconstantprotection.[/FONT]
AP testing below

Attachments

• PBT Dc BACKUP.jpg
    PBT Dc BACKUP.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 133
  • 立放PCB.jpg
    立放PCB.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 141
  • PBT Ac Dc.jpg
    PBT Ac Dc.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 471
  • BTL LED.jpg
    BTL LED.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 498
  • BTL放大.jpg
    BTL放大.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 503
  • PBT整体.jpg
    PBT整体.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 511
  • BTL整体.jpg
    BTL整体.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 523
  • G300PBTL FREQUENCE RESPONSE.JPG
    G300PBTL FREQUENCE RESPONSE.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 131
  • G300V33PBT.JPG
    G300V33PBT.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 98
  • G300V33BTL.JPG
    G300V33BTL.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
old tas5630 survived party, tomorow i saw one speaker burnt out and it played all night only on 1 speaker burnt speaker channel was almost short circuit...how is this possible?

edit: i am using sure tas5630 board i thought authlxl was sure employee

Tas56XX is TI advanced products, circuits better than others single chip class D amp,sound well, even it have bugs sometime, Friends must pay more time and money in it then can use these chip to run well,some time it is complex to make these things perfectly.

From 2007, Sinewave engineers start to develop TAS56XX chip supported class d amplifier.we burnt hundreds of this series chip and finally we make this series amp more and more stable, uploaded modules here are the latest version, we think it is the best solution of Proaudio to Hi-Fi .

Sinewave Electronics Co.ltd have factory and high level audio laboratory.we have rich experiences in class D pro amplifier, especially in CLASS D and SMPS all in one amplifier.these amp have widely used in audio and ultral sonic area , products quality better and better now.

We have list some of our products in DIYAUDIO forums, we got lots of member supports here, base on these good ideas and suggestion we have made rapid expansion .

We will try our best to make more high technology products in this area, thanks for more suggestion from the diyaudio member.

Annonce here, we have no chance to service Sure company now, even we know it is China company too.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.