Sure Electronics 2x300W (TAS5630) & 2x250W (IRS2092)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
"NOTE: We’re now having one sample board in stock. It is a fully handmade craft. It will be sold in a lower price - 5 dollars reduced. If you have interest in this product and wanna have first experience in it, don’t hesitate. Since it is a sample board, we won’t be responsible for any problem caused by this board."
This comming from Sure...:headshot:

I would be very careful about them. It looks like they designed new models, but a while ago i read this post on the TI e2e forum. Look at the files he included. The name on the schematic tells that it is from sure electronics. The routing is quite messy and the inductors they used(they changed them in the new module) were not up to standard.

I don't know if they improved it in the new design(and this is the 1x600W), but if the designer is the same, i would be careful about trusting the boards :)

@petemateYeah true. I do own one of their TK2050 4x100W boards and it has been working flawlessly. However there had been cases where their earlier boards tend to "die". Might be better to wait a bit first :)

@Kjeldsen CadAudio seems to have some pretty nice boards for sale. However shipping down to Australia is gonna cost quite a bit though.

@petemate: Interesting link from the TI forum, confirming my suspicions about the SURE designer :) Interesting that the inductors they used on the board whose photo is at the TI forum are the old 10uH from the TK2050 series - those cooked here on 32V, I would hate to see them on 50V. I measured a 40 degrees C temperature rise at 32V/390KHz...

@petemate: Interesting link from the TI forum, confirming my suspicions about the SURE designer :) Interesting that the inductors they used on the board whose photo is at the TI forum are the old 10uH from the TK2050 series - those cooked here on 32V, I would hate to see them on 50V. I measured a 40 degrees C temperature rise at 32V/390KHz...

If enjoy music with class D amp,TAS SERIES from TI are the best choice. TAS 5613 or TAS 5630 excellent indeed.
It is HI-END products in class D amp, Hi-Fi system applying, it like PANDA ,very delicate; IRS2092 amp ,Camel indeed, held captive,tortured repeatedly no problems,sound not good. :)

Tas5630 can not bear full load continuous sinewave signal two channel at same time .if test you can one by one channel add testing signal and get result.or you can add power level limiter circuit on board, so we can get large dynamic range music and tas chip works stable.

Attention: must isolated OSC crocodile clip, due to BTL output have half VDD voltage on output .
three way can be selected:
1. 1:1 transformer between ac supply and OSC ac socket.
2. add one 10nf/200v mkp cap on crocodile clip when testing.
3. crocodile clip connect to gnd and measure output,double display rms value.

if customer add hi-fi modules on industry application and test it with camel method ,test result will terrible.PANDA have to die.

Last edited:
Attention: must isolated OSC crocodile clip, due to BTL output have half VDD voltage on output .

authlxl, I too would really appreciate a low cost way to buy one or two simple boards, without power supply, so that I can experiment with this new TI chip. It gets very expensive for us to buy boards for every new amplifier which comes out, and that is why the cheaper SURE boards are so attractive. It is a pity they are not better designed.

My measurement equipment uses a 24bit digital converter, and I have a special low-distortion differential input preamplifier I have built so that I can put crocodile clips on both sides of the output bridge. I do appreciate your advice, but I have been in the design business a very long time, and haven't used single-ended measurements for many years :)

Keep up the good work,

Sincerely
Trevor

authlxl, I too would really appreciate a low cost way to buy one or two simple boards, without power supply, so that I can experiment with this new TI chip. It gets very expensive for us to buy boards for every new amplifier which comes out, and that is why the cheaper SURE boards are so attractive. It is a pity they are not better designed.

My measurement equipment uses a 24bit digital converter, and I have a special low-distortion differential input preamplifier I have built so that I can put crocodile clips on both sides of the output bridge. I do appreciate your advice, but I have been in the design business a very long time, and haven't used single-ended measurements for many years :)

Keep up the good work,

Sincerely
Trevor

Thanks for your suggestion and very good idea! we think we can try to make it reality.if any update, we will annonce in vendor forums.

Just saw these for sale on their Ebay store. Has anyone bought them?

Thinking of buying one of these to power my tapped horn. 50Watts just doesn't cut it anymore :p

I ordered one to be shipped to Australia on 11 Jan. It apparently shipped on the 12th.

If I'm lucky it might be here in the next week or so (online parcel tracking isn't showing anything yet).

I ordered it with a 36v 350W switching supply. I don't really have a use for it yet. I ordered it mainly out of curiosity. I'm toying with the idea of connecting it and other modules to the pre outs on a Sony ES receiver if it's good enough.

I'm also curious about the classdaudio.com boards, but thought I start at the cheaper end of the scale.

Decent project cases seem a bit pricy for this sort of tinkering, so I grabbed a second hand LG DVD/surround all in one unit for $15 and gutted it for the case. It's about 70mm high internally, so the modules from Sure Electronics should fit. I've taken the plastic facia/DVD tray off the front and will make a new front for it.

The LG all in one has a separate switching power supply board. I should investigate it a bit more.. I might be able to make use of it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.