SureTA-2024 Board integrated in Lepai LP-2020 - Quad Channel amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi i like to present my little modding project. Till now i had installed this Lepai amp in my car, and connected a little subwoofer. My Radio is a good one, but i like to drive the frontspeakers with the Sure TA2024 board. But i don't have a lot of space. So i cut the top of and mounted it a little bit higher, so i am able to have a quad channel amp in almost the same space as before.

It is a little bit difficult to squeeze everything in there, but it seems like it is possible. :eek:

Here are my pics:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hello, i have finished my amp. And everything fits - barely but it does! I heard it, and tested the Sure amp against another from art0.de. This one i soldered myself.

I have to say, that the Sure TA2024 sounds very good. Christal clear, and a lot of deep bass! I am not sure, if it helped that i changed the input caps that i added 2 220uF low ESR caps.

Here are some pics:

I also added a relais 12V, which will later be switched with the remote out, of my radio in my car. Its glued to the on/off switch of the Lepai.

It was a little bit difficult for me, to identify which are the input caps. Because i got a new version of the Sure TA2024 (V.300). Then i changed C22 and C30 against 2,2uF MKP from WIMA.
There you could also see, where i added caps for the supply.

Here is a shot opended, you could probably image how tight it is in there..

The backside, now there are 4 chinch connectors. And another one (its like an ATX 12V connector) for the loudspeakers.

Now everything closed when testing :eek:

Who will try it next :D ??

Amazing how that fits mate!

One thing though, I see that done a lot, those thick speaker wires inside the box... It's not necessary... Take some 20AWG teflon coated wire, it's thick enough, even 22AWG would be fine for this amp...

If I were to build something like that I would take a TAA4100A amplifier instead.

In my car I have a pair of TA3020 amplifiers though, running on a switch mode DC-DC converter. Very nice, because it prevents ground loops at the source without disturbing the signal path.

Have a google at "Rod Elliot car SMPS" based on "SG3525"...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.