High F noise interference from T-amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have read many good reports from users of Tripath-based amplifiers. I have never used one, but I am considering using a pair in a bi-amped speaker arrangement. I am hoping some of you who have experience with T-amps can advise me.

I have a concern about the high-frequency switching of a T-amp (or its power supply) coupling into low-level circuits (such as a phono preamp) and modulating the signal. All my audio equipment (except speakers) is placed in a rack, and the T-amps would have to be there, too, so I would not be able to establish too much distance between the T-amps/PS and the other units (assuming distance would help to minimize any interference). My questions are these:

Have any of you experienced any interference from any T-amp/PS you have used?

Did you solve the problem by placing the T-amp/PS farther from your other equipment, or was another method necessary?

Do you recommend a minimum distance from other equipment to a T-amp/PS?

Have any of you used T-amps in a bi-amped arrangement? Did you enjoy the results?

I am considering the higher-powered offerings from Topping and Dayton. I know the Dayton DTA-100 has had quality control problems in the past, but have they since been resolved in the newer DTA-100a? How do you like that amplifier, or the higher-powered amps from Topping?

Thanks to all who reply.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.