High F noise interference from T-amp? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th January 2012, 12:48 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default High F noise interference from T-amp?

I have read many good reports from users of Tripath-based amplifiers. I have never used one, but I am considering using a pair in a bi-amped speaker arrangement. I am hoping some of you who have experience with T-amps can advise me.

I have a concern about the high-frequency switching of a T-amp (or its power supply) coupling into low-level circuits (such as a phono preamp) and modulating the signal. All my audio equipment (except speakers) is placed in a rack, and the T-amps would have to be there, too, so I would not be able to establish too much distance between the T-amps/PS and the other units (assuming distance would help to minimize any interference). My questions are these:

Have any of you experienced any interference from any T-amp/PS you have used?

Did you solve the problem by placing the T-amp/PS farther from your other equipment, or was another method necessary?

Do you recommend a minimum distance from other equipment to a T-amp/PS?

Have any of you used T-amps in a bi-amped arrangement? Did you enjoy the results?

I am considering the higher-powered offerings from Topping and Dayton. I know the Dayton DTA-100 has had quality control problems in the past, but have they since been resolved in the newer DTA-100a? How do you like that amplifier, or the higher-powered amps from Topping?

Thanks to all who reply.

Last edited by majerjack; 4th January 2012 at 12:54 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!