|Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion|
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.
Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|29th December 2011, 09:16 PM||#1|
Join Date: Dec 2011
I'm new to this forum but recently i've developed some interest in the audio area.
My idea is to build a boombox in a vintage suitcase similar to the ones of The BoomCase© by Mr. Simo | Vintage Suitcase BoomBoxes although i know that this mr simos suitcases drive a lot of power and i've come to understand that this is not strictly necessary. Instead i can use a small power amp and buy some high sensitivity speakers in order to achieve the same perfomance of a 200 W suitcase with a simple 25 W amp.
I already have the suitcase:
I think the size of it is pretty enough to achieve a good sound.
The amp that i've decided to use is the AMP6Basic because its small has two channel ideal to a 2 Way Stereo system and can run for a long time powered by batteries.
In the interior of the suitcase i was thinking to divide it in three areas:
In what concerns to the speakers i've some doubts, i did read the boominator thread and others and after some research i couldn't decide which woofer buy. A lot of boombox projects use the HP-10W drivers from P.audio others use speakers SPH from monacor and others.
And i really don't know which tweeters should use.
I got in my suitcase aprox 11L of volume for each woofer,
- what driver suits this space and its still capable of delivering a punchy bass?
- Should i concern about the different sensitivities between the tweeter and the woofer, will one sound louder than the other or that can be filtered with de x-over?
AMP: Is the AMP6 Basic capable of driving a good amount of sound? lets say for example with the HP-10W drivers, would it be loud enough for partys and stuff?
I didn't order yet the amp6 basic because its out of order right now but i'm very tempted to do so soon.
I have some questions about the AMP6:
- Can i add a potentiometer to it to control the volume?
- Should i use a heatsink with it?
Batteries: I didn't decided which battery specifically, probably a 12/14 Volt with 7,2 Ah would be enough don't you think?
- I though add to it a old pc power supply to recharge the battery with a safe amperage and at the same time it would allow me to play music with the batteries charging while boomcase was plugged in.
- I also wanted to add some usb plugs to recharge other devices, and probably use solar cells to also recharge the batteries while i'm on the move but all this is for later xD.
Thank you for your help
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Newby project idea for HND main project help and advice needed please||WIGANWEZ||Chip Amps||1||17th September 2011 04:59 PM|
|Newby project idea for HND main project help and advice needed please||WIGANWEZ||Chip Amps||0||17th September 2011 01:39 PM|
|The BoomCase By Mr. SiMo||Jimmer2000||Power Supplies||4||14th August 2011 12:49 AM|
|CDPRO2 Group Project (open source project)||BrianGT||Digital Source||147||8th August 2008 11:37 AM|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|