Hypex UCD2K not working, help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi to all,
I have a ucd2k and a smps3k from hypex but it doesnt work.
When I connect the them together and power up I can hear the amp's output relay switching every 0.5 second.
The smps alone works fine I got the correct voltages. So problem must come from the amp.
Tried to contact Hypex but no reply.
Can somebody help?
Thanks

Hi Joseph

They probably don't respond due to two reasons: 1.) they might be very busy at the moment (hint: nCore) and 2.) this is an OEM module which isn't usually supplied to private persons. And if the latter happens it is usually through some "illegal" channel.

There is no relay on the ucd 2k IIRC (I once had one in my hands). Did you do all the connections right (including the enable input) ?

Regards

Charles

Hi to all,
I have a ucd2k and a smps3k from hypex but it doesnt work.
When I connect the them together and power up I can hear the amp's output relay switching every 0.5 second.
The smps alone works fine I got the correct voltages. So problem must come from the amp.
Tried to contact Hypex but no reply.
Can somebody help?
Thanks

Joseph, this week we're closed for holidays. Next week support is back to help you....

To phase accurate : Thanks for advice to monitor enable pin. I did connect it with the flat cable to the smps so was thinking that the smps enable the amp.
About the relay your right I did mix it up. Must be on the smps.
Last test was done a month ago so tomorrow will dig in again and watch enable pin.

To Jan-Peter : I did send my mail on the 29th of November you where closed already;)? Will send mail again next week. All best wishes for 2012.

PS: I'm not a private this is a professional project and hoping to get better result as with other class d amps that are available as kits here on the forum.:(

Here a scope of pin 4 (yellow) and 6 (blue) of connector J10 wich should be amp ready and amp ON/OFF. It should be because the datasheef is full of errors regarding pinouts!!! The connector pinning on page 3 doesnt match the rest of the datasheet. So what's right and what's wrong?
For such an expensive amp I was expecting a correct datasheet.:confused:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I am not sure how these signals interact with the SMPS3K.
So maybee best to remove the signal cable first.

Just grounding the amp on/off pin will work.

Are you shure the yellow trace is amp on/off ?
Looks like pins may be reversed on scope trace ?

BUT, it sounds like your amp has an error condition.
They will continue to attempt re-starting like you describe if :-

Rail volts out of range.

DC on input.

Output short/grounded.

I should have added -

If you disconnect J10 from the SMPS the input buffer op amp supply is removed. So you won't get any output unless you bypass the input buffer.

BUT

The UCD will still run.

From memory You can tell if the UCD is running as there is a few mV if switching residue at 435khz on the speaker terminals.

from the datasheet.

The SMPS3k provides a regulated +15V supply voltage which is used to power the driver circuit of a
UcD700 or UcD2k series amplifier. These amplifiers need the 15V supply voltage referred to its
negative supply rail (Vee). In order to achieve this, the “Negative Bootstrap Driver Voltage” (VdrN)
must be connected to its negative supply rail (Vee) at the amplifier side. The “Positive Bootstrap
Driver Voltage” (VdrP) then must be connected to the UcD700/UcD2k series Vdr supply input.

did you do that?

It works when I use my head

Thanks for all your inputs.

For this new year I took a decision :

NEVER AGAIN SWAP POWER SUPPLY PINS VSS AND VEE.

I dont know how many hours I sit in front of this amp and did not realise I mixed up power supply.:headbash: :cuss: :bawling:

So if your stupid like me dont worry HYPEX care's about that. Even after repeated attempts to power it up with wrong power supply it works fantastic delivering 2500wrms in 4 ohms with great quality.

P.S. Vdrn has to be connected to VEE so the driver see +15V relative to VEE.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.